Candace Owens Black Conservative and Trump supporter

elaborate.

Sarcasm.

Milo crashed and burned. So will Candace.

1 Like

Everyone notices that Connecticut is in the northeast. Your anecdotal examples don’t matter.

A good friend of mine is BEGGING me to turn into the “right wing’s black person.” They are so ■■■■■■■ gullible that it doesn’t take much.

Key note speaker for her convention praised someone for running over a protester on twitter.

It was the previous poster who mentioned Candace Owens with regards to Stamford, Connecticut, and former official Carl Higby as well as “Jamaican Barbie” at one of the universities aren’t my “anecdotal examples”.

Those stories did make the news.

Since some don’t seem to respect Candace Owens for picking the conservative side, can those of you who feel that way tell me what Democrats have done for black Americans? Name one thing.

It doesn’t seem to me they are discouraging a behavior that is known to be associated with poverty–parenting outside of wedlock–which is one thing if it’s a few scattered families here and there. But 70-80% of black children are born and raised that way, and they’re so quiet about it, crickets can be heard?

If you look up “most segregated school systems in the U S”, a variety of articles can be found. Even NPR lists the most segregated as Detroit School System.

Hmm? I thought Michigan was a liberal state, and Detroit largely black. What one favor have they done black Americans, since Candace Owens’ alternative choice is so offensive?

Incidentally, the skit posted on you tube is pretty funny.

1 Like

I don’t see her crashing and burning so much as fizzling out and being forgotten and eventually, another talking head will rise.

I’m curious why this lady was brought up as though she was the first black American conservative. There are conservative op ed columnists Thomas Sowell and William Raspberry.

How about former officials like Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice? They don’t count?

Still waiting for that one thing liberal officials have done for black Americans. Are liberal cities low cost to live?

How abortion, the sacred cow of many libs? While I don’t oppose Planned Parenthood, as some public health clinics suck and they provided needed care, the fact is most of these clinics are located in minority majority neighborhoods. Abortion claims black babies, too. Seems if someone points that out, they’re attacked in some manner.

How is it advantageous to live in, say, Detroit or New York City if one is from a minority group?

Neither Rice nor Powell were Conservatives. Both were pretty middle of the road to slightly left leaning or more republicans.

Black conservatives are not non existent but high profile black conservatives are indeed rare.

When they do rise they need to be held up as examples for others to follow.

Meh. You people don’t like them now just because they supported Obama.

Irrelevant strawman noted, ive not once said anything in regards to her being a conservative.

Find a single instance in which I have ever said either was a conservative if you can.

I still like Ms Rice very much and respect her a great deal and always have.

I have never been a fan of Powell in or out of the service.

If you can find otherwise I’ll leave this forum forever.

This comes across as an incomplete argument. What has Trump done to help out the black community vs. what Obama failed to do?

If your argument rests on the economy, then you failed to take into consideration that the housing market collapse and the great recession in 2008. You would fail to comprehend the economic data showing that poverty and employment has been declining. It didn’t start under Trump, it has been getting better and better.

Trump has been horrible for the black/colored community. He supports restricting voting rights. He found moral equivalence in Charlottesville. He demands that people stand up for the national anthem and called those who don’t SOBs. His HUD secretary wants to RAISE the rent money for public housing. Virtually every single year during the Obama years, he said that Obama wasn’t a natural citizen.

I am not saying I necessary agree or disagree with any of the issues above, but you would be naive to scratch your head on why black/colored Americans dislikes the current resident of the WH.

But most importantly: Vote for who you want to vote for. Register for the political party, you want to vote for. Being one shade of skin should not dictate how you should vote.

1 Like

Rising wages and benefits, more blacks working today than at any time since such records have been kept is a pretty good start.

Of course I also see a significant increase in gun ownership (lawful) among black women to be a great thing and good news all the way around as well.

That’s a non-statement. There are more black people LIVING today than at any time since such records have been kept. What “rising benefits” are you referring to?

Tax cuts and bonuses millions received as a direct result of Trump’s tax policies.

You know good and darned well that you haven’t sourced that.

Are you saying pay isn’t increasing? That bonuses were not given out? Or that people didn’t get tax cuts as a result of the Tax bill that passed?

You claim it isn’t true, show that it isn’t.

Did you get lost?