Candace Owens Black Conservative and Trump supporter

You’re making your team look bad.

You guys always accuse us of what you are guilty of.

Laughing at the truth? Check the vote. Only 20 dems voted for the amendment compared to all the GOP.

You’re having trouble reading today, aren’t you? My thesis was the vote was corrrlated to region better than party. That is the crux of my post and the vote breakdown which you missed.

It looks like you used wiki as your source. Keep reading the exact same page you cited and you will get to the regional breakdown of votes.

Your argument is a losing one.

The truth is always a winning proposition.

You’re just looking at parties rather, than their ideology, and location at the time.

Hint:
Democrats: Conservative South
Republicans: Liberal North

The party ideologies slowly changed over time.

You want to ignore the big picture in favor of a sliver of it? Don’t blame you. Only 35 GOP members voted against the act as compared to 91 dems.

You are ignoring the truth and digressing to irrelevancies on the road to Motivate Reasoning-ville

The civil war was not party, it was geography.

1 Like

Gooddad, here you go…CRA votes broken down by region:

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

Senate
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)

Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

1 Like

Conservative and liberal are not the correct words.

I’m aware of your party talking pts and attempts to rewrite the racist history of your party.

In fact the dem party is still the predominent party supporter of racism just look at the support for BLM.

Racism is racism no matter the flavor.

Would you have been a Republican in 1858?

Nice. A Peewee comeback! I love those!

I wasn’t around but i would say i would have been. A lot of Tennesseans fought for the north.

Why not? Maybe not in a modern context of what the ideologies represent. But for the time, the Republicans would have been the more liberal party.

Here’s what I’ve always wondered. How did all those civil war libs in Alabama and Georgia and Mississippi and South Carolina spawn all those conservatives that live there today?

HISTORICAL REVISIONISM! Dem talking points!!

Nobody is rewriting history. The Dems of the Civil War era were racist. The southern Dems of the Civil Rights era were racist. Nobody is denying that.

A lot of dems deny it and a lot aren’t even aware of the history.