Canada elections seem interesting for once with PM Peoplekind caught doing blackface

If compared to the U.S. system two points is within the margin of error and a statistical tie. Then again maybe you guys are better at polling than we are.

Its a little different since we donā€™t vote for the Prime Minsters itself, it comes down to local riding some are battle ground others are not.

so someone might hate Trudeau but like their local MP.

so in seat count the liberal have a strong lead but its still early.

http://338canada.com/districts/districts.htm

Poor guy needed help, died way to early. They always ask the question in American elections ā€œWhat politician would you like to have a beer withā€???

This wouldnā€™t even be debatable Rob Ford

Ya how he got elected was smart, he started a 1-800 number for people to call and he would show up with road-crews to fix pot holes and stuff or whatever their complaint was.

Haha thatā€™s one way to do it. :+1:

I donā€™t remember black face being acceptable in 2001.

Its embarrassing for sure but he addressed it head on and did not try to make excuses.

Time will tell if this hurts him in the election.

The Liberal have not groomed anyone to take leadership after Trudeau so he will not be removed no matter how bad it gets.

an interesting thing to note is personal attack are not very popular in Canadian elections, we care about policy.

It wasnā€™t.

I donā€™t know, trust me everything in me is wanting to toss Trudeau under the bus but I canā€™t its just makeup at a party 18 years ago. Tasteful? Noā€¦ But we need to learn to forgive especially things that happened a long time ago. Heā€™s obviously at a party and from what I have seen of him he is hardly a racist.

The ladies in the pic did not look to be offended.
And it was published in the official yearbook.

If it was as offensive as you claim it was , at the timeā€¦I do no think management would let it be published.

This is not blackfaceā€¦which is something very different.

I googled it already.
Nothing came up.

Maybe just try to be a decent person, and answer a simple question.

Or not.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t blackface.

dim

verb

dimmed; dimming

Definition of dim (Entry 2 of 4)

transitive verb

1 : to reduce the light fromdim the headlights

2 : to make dim or lusterless dimmed their hopes of an early settlement

intransitive verb

din

noun

\ Ėˆdin \

Definition of din

(Entry 1 of 4)

1 : a loud continued noiseespecially : a welter of discordant soundstrying to hear each other over the din in the bar

2 : a situation or condition resembling a din

din

verb

dinned; dinning

Definition of din (Entry 2 of 4)

intransitive verb

: to make a loud noise

transitive verb

1 : to assail with loud continued noise dinned his ears

2 : to impress (see IMPRESS entry 1 sense 1c) by insistent repetition ā€”often used with into lessons dinned into us as children

How about ā€œdull or quell the outrageā€ or ā€œreduce in volumeā€ the outcry?

It was not blackface.

From what I have seen it is the exact opposite.

Of course it is no different but one would have thought that the original post would be accurate given the article contained therein.

CJ without diminishing the inappropriateness of his actions will it most likely be a case that those who donā€™t like or would not vote for Trudeau will be very righteous in their condemnation; for others it will be judged in the context of Trudeauā€™s more contemporary actions?

@Axxowiz nailed it. But he apologized and is a liberal, so all is forgiven. He just made a bad decision. If he were conservative, the liberals would be losing their ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like