Can we save Social Security?

Good Lord, these people are incredibly greedy. They gave themselves the trifecta? A super charged pension, a 401k and Social security? Makes you want to hate those greedy bastards even more.

Right?

It’s not really a premise at all. It’s an opinion. Congressional retirement is not tied to age or S.S. Their pension is where most of the money comes from. Which is why I think any reduction in S.S. should be met with an equal reduction in congressional retirement benefits.

Congressional pensions are very similar to rank and file civil service pensions under FERS, based on salary and years of service, and not collectible until retirement age. I don’t know where you get the idea that it’s so extravagant.

That’s not what I said. I said if congress was forced to cut their own pension every time they cut S.S, we would have no further issues with S.S.

Don’t you agree?

1 Like

Nah, I believe in paying congress well, the problem is, we aren’t getting our monies worth currently. That’s why we are looking at an EO vax mandate, congress is too chicken to legislate. And its why we got the AUMF as well.

Since SS is part of their pension program, if they were to cut SS, they WOULD be cutting their own pensions. But they will never cut SS. In my opinion.