Can we go back to the days before character assassination

I was thinking about how as a society we have gotten to a point to were we are so quick to judge others by what they say or think often harshly.

The thing that worries me the most is how as a society we often judge others by something they have said (usually just one time) and hold against them for the rest of their life.

There are many examples of this were someone on tv or social media says something and then the mob jumps in and that person has to deal with the consequences which one would just use to need to apologize and move on, now they are fired or ostracized forever on social media.

I don’t want to make this political as it has happened on all sides but Megyn Kelly comes to mind. To be honest I have never been a fan of hers, nothing against her I just didn’t like her show. I looked at what she said and it was ridiculous to be fired for asking such a silly question.

Or another example how the lady who was a nobody a few years ago was traveling to South Africa and tweeted out a joke, not a particularly good one, but I think most would know she was just trying to be funny (even though it wasn’t) and tweeted “Going to Africa, hope I don’t get AIDS”. Before the plane landed that tweet from a nobody had spread throughout twitter and she lost her job and friends because of the mob outcry.

I recently saw were Hillary said “They all look the same”, in reference to Cory Booker and someone else, but now that I think about it I know she was just joking and in all honesty was making fun of an old racial stereotype.

Now I agree when people are truly being racist degenerates they should be called out. The actor on Seinfeld comes to mind, but others are being irrationally judged by just hearing a word or trying to put 2 and 2 together and say “Well I know what they were trying to say something racist” even when it wasn’t meant to be.

I don’t think Don Lemon is a racist for what he said and I don’t think Tucker Carlson should be having to deal with crazy people at his house because they don’t like his views. I guess what I am saying it would be nice if people would chill out on the outrage culture and just talk to each other rather than label other people for things they have said or believe unless it’s truly horrendous.

I agree with you on talking with others, possibly asking Hey! What did you mean when you said _______. _______? Or, can you clarify your position on something before jumping on the outrage bandwagon.

However I cannot agree on Justine Sacco & her idiotic tweet. First she didn’t tweet going to Africa oh boy AIDS, but that she couldn’t get it, visiting her native South Africa, because she was white.

She lost her job as P R Director for matchmaker.com because what she said was embarrassing to them & could have cut into their revenue, discouraged black men & women for using their services.

Lemme get this straight, it’s only black men & women who test positive for HIV? None of them will want to look for a compatible match on matchmaker?

That doesn’t make sense. P R Directors are a dime a dozen. They don’t need her embarrassing them.