Can Trump assume emergency powers to deal with the invasion at our southern border?

“Ongoing invasion”? Let me know when you get those goal posts firmly planted.

When are you enlisting?

A better question is, why is the Democrat Party Leadership not on board with stopping illegal immigration which is costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone? I thought the Democrat Party Leadership wanted to reduce healthcare costs for American citizens.

SEE: How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants

"All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year in healthcare costs alone . Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016."

JWK

President Trump, by the terms of our Constitution, is empowered and obligated “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”.

SEE: Trump grants troops at border more authority

Nov 20, 2018

(CNN) – President Donald Trump has signed a memorandum that grants new authority to U.S. troops stationed along the Southwest border.

According to the Pentagon, troops will be able to protect Customs and Border Protection personnel from migrants if they engage in violence.

Until this new authority was granted, troops were not allowed to intervene if CBP personnel came under attack, unless they needed to act in their own self-defense.

It’s about time we have a President who has a spine and uses his authority to provide for and promote the common defense and general welfare of the United States.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

Important distinction: Obama was partly black

22 million. It is an ongoing invasion.

Now those Israelites know how to build a wall!

1 Like

I’m thinking the wall should have been 10’ taller. :flushed:

Hmmmmm, I was just looking at the rules of the forum and I found this:

Trolling:

A troll is a person that never offers anything of value or substance to the boards. The troll has no intention of taking part in discussions, save to try and ruin them for others. Any posts that are not conducive to debate, seek to derail a thread with trolling comments or off-topic discussion are subject to being edited or deleted with or without further sanctions at the discretion of the moderators.

If you think me and @SpacemanSpiff joking around about a gif is trolling and offends your delicate sensibilities, then report it to the authorities John. Just make sure you flag every single post around here from anyone who dares to have a sense of humor. Thanks Champ. :+1:

1 Like

Almost there, you should be happy about this decision by John Kelly.

No possible slippery slope potential here at all. Just another inch towards an authoritarian system of governance. And the Trump supporters will cheer with reckless abandon.

Hmmmmmmmm . . . seems that you have a guilty conscience. :roll_eyes:

JWK

Guilty of having a sense of humor. Guilty as charged. :rofl:

1 Like

STOP LAUGHING!!

1 Like

This is the NO FUN ZONE!!!

1 Like

It must really bother you that we now have a President who will actually preform his constitutionally assigned duty to repel an ongoing invasion.

Why does this upset you so?

JWK

President Trump, by the terms of our Constitution, is empowered and obligated “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”.

What upsets me is the use of our Military on Domestic soil attempting to perform LE duties. That should upset you as well, considering how you fashion yourself a conservative Constitutionalist and all. Opening Pandora’s Box with the usage of the Military on Domestic soil should frighten us all. Unless you’re supportive of authoritarianism of course.

2 Likes

There is an invasion at our southern border and our Constitution properly assigns a duty to our President to repel invasions. Do you think the following words were put into our Constitution by accident? “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.”

The military will be acting at our borders edge. I have not heard of any remote suggestion to have the military operate beyond the proximities of our border.

At almost every turn, Fifth Column judges and Justices have obstructed our federal government’s attempt to confront this ongoing invasion at our borders, as well as within the various state borders. By exercising his reserved emergency powers, President Trump can deal with the invasion without interference from Fifth Column judges and Justices who have worked endlessly to flood our country with the poverty stricken, poorly educated, low-skilled and criminal populations of other countries.

Is ending this ongoing invasion not in harmony with promoting the general welfare of the United States?

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America’s borders.

I was asking for John’s position but thanks for defining yours.