Can Trump assume emergency powers to deal with the invasion at our southern border?

Martial law.

Could he? Of course.

Will he? Of course not.

With great power (ctrl-c;ctrl-v) comes great responsibility.

1 Like

I think Donald should assume emergency powers immediately.

I agree and President Pence :heart: this post.

Many people say that the United States last dealt with foreign invasions, and the United States has a draft to help deal with this threat. I think we should do the same thing now.

Pence will fall in line behind his president or be prosecuted as a traitor to the nation.

The president does not have to declare martial law to send troops to protect our southern border.

:roll_eyes:

Stop fear mongering.

JWK

Haven’t seen any libertarians post in this thread until me. Oh, you meant Republicans? Yeah, they did go on about that stuff for a while, but have they done so lately? I haven’t heard a Republican say the words “small government” in at least two years.

1 Like

He already sent troops to the border. You’re the one discussing declaring a state of emergency in order to invoke emergency executive powers.

Hmmmmm… I have seen this wall of text somewhere before. Oh, that’s right. It was on the old board. I guess we need to

It appears you are buying into the fear mongering.

What makes this caravan different than the last one, or the one before that or the one before that? None of those ended up as anything that could be described as an invasion.

And that is far different from martial law.

JWK

President Trump, by the terms of our Constitution, is empowered and obligated “To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions”.

Fear mongering? You mean like calling people seeking asylum an “invasion” and asking whether the president should assume emergency powers?

More people show up for a typical NHL game than all the so called “invaders” combined.

It’s time to stop this ongoing invasion. It has already caused devastating social and economic costs throughout the United States, and a majority of American citizens are on Trump’s side of the issue.

JWK
American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

That’s not fearmongering, that’s truthiness. Now stand back while Donald assumes emergency powers to save us all from the INVASION

1 Like

What stadium holds 23 million fans?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, destroy and subjugate a prosperous and freedom loving people than by importing the world’s poverty stricken and criminal populations into that country and making the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such an invasion.

Asylum from what? The poverty stricken country they helped to create by not standing up to their leaders who plunder their nation’s wealth?

Send all these military aged males back to their country with a fully automatic weapon so they can take back their country.

JWK

The Democrat Leaders promise for free cheese doesn’t work in Cuba, doesn’t work in Venezuela ___ it only works for corrupted politicians who confiscate and then redistribute “free cheese” in order to buy votes and remain in power.

Priceless…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064596708875747328