Can sane people like a President but dislike his policies?

Be that as it may, “courage of my convictions” tells me to go way out on a limb and say that James Earl Carter, Annapolis graduate,
navy veteran, (and a nukie!),
a southerner,
a devout Christian who taught Sunday School even when holding high office,
a farmer, and a businessman, (not a lawyer),
a man of peace, and honor
is worth standing up for.

Some living people are worth standing up for.

https://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/carter-kessler-service/2009/08/06/id/332143/

I didn’t agree with Dubya’s policies and I thought he was kind of a Gomer Pyle type of guy, but you couldn’t hate him, really. He was folksy.

And for the record, I think Carter was a great president. Then and now.

It should (SHOULD) go without saying that people can do this.

There’s a limit.

I personally consider Trump to be a racially biased (whether it’s through ignorance or racism I’m not sure) individual who has always displayed sexist behavior against women. Those are two things I will not tolerate and will not offer my support to even if I do agree with some of his positions.

I have principles that I have dug as a trench into the field. I don’t cross them.

1 Like

Yeah…i actually like Obama the guy. Hated Obama’s policies…simple enough?

1 Like

Have you ever met Obama?
How do you know you like him?

Actually, he was hugely disliked by a lot of Washingtonians. Considered a self-important jerk and a deliberate outsider. Not at all warm or friendly. Just a pasted-on smile.

His wife was well-liked, though, but that is often the case.

M

…and like a lot of First Ladies, there is nothing really special about them, no one would have known who they were, if not for who they married.

So, between Barack being known as a robotic, “self-important jerk,” and the likeable Michelle being a regular mom and wife, why would people want to watch a Netflix show about them?

We don’t really know these people, so I never understood why people get so wrapped up in politicians. It’s a kind of creepy cult of personality.

I think you can dislike the President but like some of his policies. I dislike the President, but like some (not nearly all) of his policies. I do like him better than his former opponent (but that’s not saying much).

Well, my father (who had worked for the state of Georgia when Carter was governor) had plenty of bad things to say about the man. My father thought he was one of the worst governors he’d ever worked for.

It’s called “Public Persona”.

Reminds me of an old Clinton Joke.

They are on a road trip just prior to his first inaguration and have to stop for gas in Arkansas. While the driver is gassing up they are talking and Bill says to her, “Honey, just think if you hadn’t married me you might be married to the guy running the gas station instead of being the next First Lady of the US”.

She looks at him, bats her eyes and says, “No dear, if I hadn’t married you, you’d be pumping the gas and I’d still be the next First Lady of the US”.

I can agree with that.

The only thing I liked about the 2016 election was watching Hillary lose.

I hated both of them, but I enjoyed her elitist ass getting put down like the rest of us.

Yes, you can agree with the end result. It’s like if a hurricane that knocks down a building you were going to pay to have demolished anyway.

Hurricane: bad
Saved money on demolition: good