Can One Believe in Science and God at the Same Time?

This is wrong. Purgatory leads only to heaven–never to hell.

The problem is evidence from a book written in Iron Age to me is not really evidence.

This book also claims a talking snake and a fruit is cause of all of our problems.

This book also calms that God threw a fit and killed all living things on the planet except those a 900 year old guy could load on a wooden boat. Why? Because of stuff he knew was going to happen anyway.

It does not back up the idea religion is to deal with being nothing after death.

When a ventriloquist’s dummy speaks do you assume that it is really talking?

The problem with the all knowing God means all the evil in the universe existed in God’s mind even before creation. I guess whoever came up with that idea should have thought it through more.

1 Like

Doesn’t change the fact that fear of punishment was used as a means of behavior control.

1 Like

Yes, buuuuut religion is hardly faith. Many arguments for the existence of the divine have been put forward. People like Aquinas, Aristotle, Plato, and Thomas did NOT take these matters on faith.

1 Like

How many people would join religions if there was no afterlife reward?

Probably about the same who join for for the benefits now.

If I wanted to be a actor I would seriously consider scienceology.

Recall the Sadducees of Jesus’ own time. They were Jews who taught there was no afterlife.

So say those who have read, but have not studied, scripture.

And look what happened to that sect.

1 Like

You prove my point that the belief in a fairy tale means it is easy to simply change the story at any time.

Are those things not in the Bible? Is the Bible not Gods word? Are only the parts we don’t agree with God’s word? I would think a being that poofed an entire Universe into existence would be little more clear about his word.

1 Like

Nothingness.

You are reading a modern English translation through a 21st century cultural lens. English and Hebrew are nothing alike. The things each of our cultures take for granted are nothing alike, either. Just like you’ve got to Walk Like an Egyptian, you must think like the Hebrew nation of six thousand years ago. Not an easy thing. As you sneer at their “fairy tales” try imagining them rolling their eyes at 21st century cultural ignorance.

People who don’t understand faith/religion jump to astounding conclusions about why others might take faith seriously. Kind of like the conclusions some jump to about all atheists being immoral and uncharitable.

As I said, a you would think a God capable of poofing an entire Universe into existence could be a little more clear clear about this. Perhaps issue some updates.

1 Like

God wants us to know Him yet we have to learn ancient Hebrew to truly understand details about Him.

1 Like

Apparently He has more faith in human brains than we do. :slight_smile:

If we truly want to know God, we can seek Him. Like the parable says, some just aren’t interested, some get distracted by other things, etc.

Does God expect billions of people to spend a good part of their life learning ancient Hebrew?

1 Like

Only those who equate modern English and 21st century American culture with ancient Hebrew language and culture and are determined to use modern English and 21st century American culture to claim there is no God. Why not just admit disinterest in God and move on? Why spend so much time misunderstanding scripture to excuse non-belief and disinterest?

I think you are the one who misunderstands scripture. But that’s just my opinion.

1 Like