Can a fox fan explain this one to me about duckworth

An war amputee has already paid their fair share.

Allan

1 Like

She is allowed to take the deduction like many of us. No foul.

While I feel the article was not critical of her sometimes it shouldn’t be news. It was more clickbait then anything.

Hopefully she doesn’t give others a hard time about taking legal deductions either.

1 Like

Yeah, bad headline and kind of a nothing of a story.

2 Likes

Here’s the source of your complaint. Send them a letter if you’re inspired but it would appear that they, not Fox deserve your disdain?

The Sun-Times article

What? Are you suggesting actual discernment…over expressing your feeeeeeelings? Wow…who’d a thunk that? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

On this day, we found common ground.

2 Likes

Property taxes are theft. No one should be renting their own land from the government.

3 Likes

Yes but Fox put it on because she’s a Lib and it makes for good Outrage Journalism.

I do agree vets have gone above and beyond the call and deserve anything we give them and more.

However if Duckworth is going to use the Democratic Party slogan that the rich ought to pay “their fair share”, she should personally forgo this tax break because she obviously doesn’t need it.

2 Likes

That isn’t exactly breaking news.

I liked when Tammy hid the phone in her prosthetic leg when they insurrected the Congress.

We all knew that Iraq war veteran and lawmaker Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) is something of a badass. She reminded everyone just how much on Wednesday when she went to some rather extraordinary measures in preparation for the historic House sit-in protest for gun control legislation: Duckworth hid her smartphone inside one of her prosthetic legs to prevent it from being confiscated, according to a report from the Tribune.

It turned out to be a shrewd move, as the Democratic protestors came to rely on their own mobile devices to stream the proceedings when House Republicans called a recess and stopped the official broadcast. Even C-SPAN had to integrate the (technically forbidden) Periscope and Facebook Live feeds of demonstrating Congress members into its broadcast.

She is quite the force for democracy and just taxation policy.

What was Fox News’s motivation for publishing their article?

Nobody was “outraged” over that tax break. All you have to do is look at the comments in the Fox article, which is nothing but telling what the Sun times wrote.
Pretty much all the readers saw no problem with the tax law or her taking advantage of it. Nor could Fox have expected anyone to be outraged.
The only outrage seems to be from those who imagine an intent in that article that isn’t there.
Democrats defending a Democrat who wasn’t even attacked, at least not by Fox.

It’s not. It’s a report of a report.

We have the worst media in the world.

The best is when a host on Fox News says something, and Fox News website turns the comment into an entire article…“Host of the Five says Biden is Senile…”.

And that’s news…

Agreed. They all do it. They’re horrible.

1 Like

What comments were you reading?

Here is but a small sample that completely backs up my assertion as to why FoxNews ran with this.

2 Likes

Nah, you just cherry picked a particular readers rant. The overwhelming reaction of readers was to say that what Duckworth did was just fine.
I recommend to anyone who questions this to go to the actual comments and see how they run.

No it was pretty evenly mixed and matched.

It was aimed at those who responded that Tammy was a hypocrite.

And the first few posts were dominated by jokes about her name and her injuries.

I didn’t say 100% of the comments were anti-Tammy, but there were plenty there to explain Fox’ reasoning for running with this story.

1 Like

Ok. I just copied, from sorting for “best”, the top five posts. There are different opinions on the tax, but I see none like that monstrosity you used as an “example”.

I have no problem with a person paying as little tax as they are allowed by law. There is no such thing as a tax loophole. I do think there should be income thresholds on most tax credits, though.

I’m more concerned that a severely wounded vet could still be a Democrat after experiencing the best example of the failure of socialized medicine (the VA).

The only objection I have to the “leave her alone, she is within the law” argument is that the same crowd was accusing Trump of being a tax cheat for writing off losses and using those losses to offset income (also well within the law). If it is good for the goose it is good for the gander.

I live in Illinois and I have 70% VA disability and I agree with the tax exempt for property tax. What I don’t agree with is when you have a large income and royalties and a spouse working you should not get that tax break it should only be for folks that don’t work and only get VA disability payments and no other form of income.

Seen a few comments, and lets be clear. There is a difference in NOT paying taxes you owe, and not owing any taxes. We can argue on the latter, and I am GOP, but I have no issue with a liberal taking advantage of tax laws as written. Biden completely broke the law. Duckworth, I can’t see where she broke the law.

We can go at this all day.

Nowhere did I claim all the comments were negative, only that there were plenty enough negative comments to support the assertion as to why Fox ran with this…which it was a Democrat under fire, so that makes it “newsworthy”.

That this is even a debate is silly. Of course this is why Fox ran with it.

2 Likes

I think they probably ran it because it is easy to fill up space by listing someone else’s story, even a stupid one.
This did not originate at Fox.

And I listed the top five posts that received the most likes, not going through there and selecting the ones I thought helped some narrative.