Campaigner in chief? Obama v Trump

Trump is Cool…

Every father is cool when they send their grown son to deal with their mistress. It doesn’t matter if it’s in the hood, in Appalachia or in New York City.

On the surface…a fair criticism.

Trump does need to motivate his base so I get his motivation to campaign so much.

Trump is getting plenty of other matters taken care of too.

Obama is still out there in 2018.

It is something they both do well.

Hillary led the attacks on Bill’s Bimbos and she’s a fascist who says you can ignore election results… She bombed people and laughed about it later. So, it would be stupid to elect her over Trump’s sex… Usually, dems like sex. But TDS has made them cwazy!

lol!

Trump, and the media not criticizing him for a year and a half of campaign rallies, are hypocrites. Don’t you agree?

I’d say a fair criticism on the whole.

So did Obama, and he was lambasted for it.

The argument could also be made that Obama was as well, but that didn’t place him above right-wing criticism.

Not the point. Trump is allowed to do so, literally for his first year and a half, without the same right-wing criticism that followed Obama when he campaigned.

I think that Trump should be out there a lot.

He should start doing rallies every day across a variety of states, where he can speak the truth while patriots and real Americans cheer him on.

He’s such a strong executive that he can complete the ordinary tasks of the presidency before his first Big Mac.

I don’t know why he isn’t doing that.

1 Like

Black guy does it… No good

Orange guy does it… It’s all good

1 Like

I saw your post pre-edit. It would have worked either way :joy:

Black isn’t a color. Orange is.

MAGA, baby! :us:

Hillary lost bro, get over it.

The difference is in the economy and the accomplishments thus far.

Go ahead and hammer him for it. That is a point to make. I am not going to.

With the tepid media coverage it is an effective way to shape the narrative.

:mega:

By the time Obama was labeled “campaigner in chief,” Obama had accomplished a lot, and the economy was turned around and was recovering consistently and steadily.

And have you already forgotten that, only a month after becoming president, Trump helped is first 2020 rally? What were his accomplishments and contributions to the economy in February 2017? He’s been campaigning nonstop since then. What’s your excuse now?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/outside-of-washington-trump-slips-back-into-campaign-mode

Why not?

The narrative is “here is a major double between right-wing treatment of their own vs how they treat a Democat.”

Another great example from Trump’s presidency is his meeting with North Korea. Right-wing land went BANANAS at Obama even MENTIONING meeting with NK, but Trump does it, and GIVE HIM THE NOBEL! And for the record, I always though Obama getting the Nobel was dumb.

If you’re a fan of Trump’s economic accomplishments, then you must’ve absolutely loved Obama’s performance over eight years on that front.

For the most part, I agree with your assessment, but I wouldn’t say that I loved Obama–just admired the way he handled early economic problems stemming from Bush II and then proceeded to helm a steadily improving economy over two terms, work superior in many ways to Trump.

Not at all. Obama was negative on the economy. Trump has been supportive and positive.

Remember the “those jobs aren’t coming back” rhetoric?

Well, that’s interesting, in light of the fact that Obama has outperformed Trump on the economy in a number of ways.

In response to Obama’s undeniably positive effect on the economy, your deny it, claiming is that “Obama was negative on the economy.”

It’s nice that you can say things to make reality disappear for yourself.

I never learned that skill.

1 Like

Obama was terrible on trade and jobs. It matched his life experience.

He was good at lawyering though.

Well, that’s a deflection, of course.

Let me know when the reality sinks in for you that Obama outperformed Trump in the economy in a number of ways.

Till then, enjoy thinking whatever convenient things that you think.

I really don’t care. Do you?