Calling out falsehoods

Context. The royal you.

Does that mean broad brushing is now allowed or is it only allowed from certain posters?

Here we go…now we’re getting at crutch of the problem here. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just trying to clarify if there are 2 set of rules. As someone who advocates for rules and laws to be applied evenly surely you would be on board with my query.

And I second the sentiment that if that is indeed the case then so be it but at least be upfront about it so we all know where we stand.

1 Like

Well you guys work it out. Just remember whatever standard libs set…I’m going to hold them to those same standards. :wink:

2 Likes

My post is gonna be so on point its gonna be epic

2 Likes

I soooopo wish I could reply sarcastically to this (without getting immediately flagged)

1 Like

The reality of that kind of shifts from day to day.

On the old forum I think I was moderated maybe a handful of times in around 8 years. Over here I deal with things like receiving a timeout for broad brushing and then watching the moderator who did it start a thread where he insinuates liberals like to murder babies. It’s the state of things.

5 Likes

I think the idea in this thread is to worry about our own personal standards and not someone else’s.

1 Like

I see. Don’t hold me accountable for lack of standards.

Is that what you’re saying?

This is problem throughout politics…even in goverment bureaucracy that has two standards which we are now witnessing.

2 Likes

Yeah.
“Mexican is a race”, is my favorite.

1 Like

Flag the post so we can look at it. We don’t spend hours trying to find the post on the board.

if it was this posts (that you reported)

“Ravaging crisis!” Bull ■■■■■ Your drug addictions are neither my problem nor my business. Nor the government’s issue to get involved in.

A) It wasn’t to you
B) you need to see the previous posts to get context that “your” isn’t directed at the poster that was responded to.

In defense of the mods. At the time when they started cracking down on smearing republicans/conservatives…certain individuals here were calling anyone that wanted to secure our borders as racist, anyone that spoke out against Obama as racist, anyone that spoke for individual rights as bigots.

This was by design to shut down all debate. It was attempt to silence and drive away conservatives.

So in that regard…I applaud the mods for their intervention.

And don’t try to BS me or deny it.

Thanks Bill for bringing that to my attention. :wink:

2 Likes

Will people stop telling lies about our president?

3 Likes

If our host were to engage in conversations here, I doubt your concerns about “falsehoods” would be at the top of his list.

He would be the first to call out actual falsehoods such as the below. And since our host is very much a supporter of Trump and his policies, what we actually have here is a backhanded smear on the very host you seem so concerned about.

4 Likes

If it was okay in that context because it wasn’t directed at me or the other poster does that mean broad brushing liberals is allowed? Because it was either specifically addressing the poster he was replying to or it was broad brushing liberals as addicts.

1 Like

Dammit, how the hell did I missed that. Maybe it was too obvious. Good catch.

And not one single lib caught it too.

1 Like

How do you do that when someone claims somebody said something that they never did? And what if after doubling and tripling down on it and being cornered with facts like you suggest they then say they were just joking? That style of debating couldn’t be more disingenuous and only causes both sides to dig in more without any meaningful dialog ever occurring(which is usually the intent).

And I’m not only talking about that specific example but for those of us on the other side as well.

Look at the post above yours and the example posted in it. That is a subtle broadbrush of the political right. I don’t see you lambasting that poster or expecting that to be deleted and there are many more examples of such out there.

As was posted many times on the old board when things like this were said in general about republicans/conservatives, we were told that if you don’t identify with the remark then it wasn’t directed at you.

There seems to be a wanting to have it both ways issue here.

2 Likes