California's dying dream

Gentrification has been going here in Seattle for awhile I am lucky I bought at the time I did. I couldn’t believe a few months ago I was was reading an article that houses in Tacoma are now selling for near 500k. That has never been considered the best of areas and the household media income doesn’t come close for someone to afford a 500k a house.

My wife was lucky.

She bought a townhouse in a ■■■■■■ part of Philly in the 90’s and sold it for five times what she paid for it in 2014.

She had already moved to NYC by then… but what the developers building on the neighboring property did to her backyard to make a parking lot was a crime.

It was a go ahead and do it and ask forgiveness later situation.

every city has “Poor area”, look at east hasting Vancouver you find all the drug addict and homeless people there go north two block and your looking at multi million dollar condos.

We have a horrible housing market in Canada, so much outside money is dumped here the average house nation wide is 480K.

1 Like

Ya we were lucky I live in Kirkland about 10 miles outside downtown Seattle there’s no way at today’s prices I would buy a home here today. Just 10 years ago the houses that were 200k are a million it’s just gotten silly the last five years it doesn’t feel sustainable.

The weird focus on SF is always a giveaway for the CEC bots.

1 Like

That’s what Silicon Valley, tourism and Central Valley ag. is for. :wink:

The only question I have is, does Palosi flush when she leaves the state?

Then why are they still unfunded?

@Cratic3947 were you aware that California had the largest decrease in their homeless population last year? Not a single state did better

That just means we are over taxed. And look how little we get for it…

Sounds like fake news… Got a link?

You can go to any citiy in Cal and they have homeless in the streets…

and more homeless than during the great depression by far…

Uh, any city in the United States…

Yes… and it’s always 10 times worse the longer dems have run the city…

Is Fox a suitable source?

Homelessness has decreased more in California than any other state

The top 20 poorest states, almost entirely red, would love for you to give them some attention.

That’s great a whole 1%…

The biggest drop in the country is a bad thing?