CA bans gas vehicles

I am very upset that rotary phones are gone.

Sure you can.

Not really. Do you even live in California?

Ugh. We had one of those

Used to. Thank God I don’t now.

I guess I could buy a Lucid Air for….

Price: $170,500

1 Like

I do give a damn. I take long trips myself. Also, for people who live in apartments or don’t have dedicated parking spaces or who live in rural areas where there is little infrastructure at the moment there will be challenges as things transition, just as there are always challenges when new technologies emerge. But if we didn’t progress just because there would be hiccups with new technology we wouldn’t even have internal combustion vehicles in the first place.

Remember when the Government mandated the use of CFL’s, compact fluorescence light bulbs? They were to “Save the Planet.”

Then, they became an environmental hazard when the new technology of LED hit the market.

Build a better mousetrap and the world will come knocking at your door.

3 Likes

So why are you so bent out of shape then?

Why? You can go 600 miles in a day in a Tesla. It is true that a recharge takes longer, than a fill up, but hey: go get some lunch.

LED light bulbs are a better mouse trap.

1 Like

Except these are state mandates. They don’t give a damn about hiccups - submit or pay or you’re ■■■■■■■

1 Like

Exactly. Go get an electric fill up for 40 mins and eat some lunch on your way to Mt. Shasta and back.

Developed years after those ■■■■■■■ CFLs gave me headaches.

Glad I hoarded incandescents when that came through.

The market was NOT ready for incandescents to be banned.

You can go 800 miles in 12 hours. I did it. I drove 5000 miles cross country in a Tesla.

But electric vehicle are current best at short distances and home charging

You think you would be the only person at the charging station along a busy interstate wanting a charge? How many hundreds of thousands do you think it would take to keep us moving?

God, you people just don’t think this through!

3 Likes

For greater energy security and to reduce carbon emissions. Two great things right?

They will adjust the mandate of it is looking like it won’t work

Can’t take my golf clubs, luggage, beach chairs, etc in a Tesla.

I suppose you’d just want me to give all that up for the sake of the environmental extremists.

1 Like

If California is truly changing over to electric, there will undoubtedly be infrastructure to support the change. Just for the profit motive alone.
Come on man…

the market drove that. not mommy govt

Then why do we subsidize Agriculture? Should we stop that?

:joy:. Funniest thing I’ve heard all day!

You can keep your insurance….

3 Likes