CA Attorney General releases gun owner info

Incompetency? Negligence? Political vendetta?

If a private entity was responsible for a willing data release such as this, there would be consequences.

For a democrat AG?

Nothing will happen. Gun owners need to suffer.

1 Like

I wonder why this was left out by FOX news.

From an actual news site:

California’s attorney general, who oversees the agency, ordered an investigation into the exposure, saying he was “deeply disturbed and angered” by the department’s failure to protect sensitive information.

“This unauthorized release of personal information is unacceptable and falls far short of my expectations for this department,” Rob Bonta said.

Of course, this will probably be spun into some kind of conspiracy…egged on by Fos “news”
(from the Fox article)

It is unknown whether the leak was an intentional strike or simply an accident from the California DOJ’s office, after last week’s SCOTUS opinion sparked major controversy across the country.

Intimidation!

3 Likes

So incompetency it is.

Nothing will come of it.

So, you do not think it is a conspiracy?

Good…

Incompetency is unacceptable. They should all lose their jobs. It could easily result in robberies or assaults by home invaders.

And considering how much firearms owners are hated by the political left, a conspiracy is believable. I don’t believe this is a case of conspiracy of course, but I understand why people would feel that way.

Because it’s not true. And it’s not the first time.

Sadly, there are breaches all the time…many large corps have had the same thing happen.

Someone should probably lose their job…but not all of them.

Firearm owners are not hated by all of the left…in fact, many on the left…own firearms.

But it is that assumption that the left hates you, because you own a firearm, that is hyperbolic noise…

And you are one of the more reasonable cons…yet here you are…

This is why people do not believe red flag laws will not be abused.

This is not the first time immediately after some ruling these types of lists “accidentally” get released.

4 Likes

Remember where they posted a map of all those that had concealed permit in NY state.

I wonder why that wasn’t taken down.

4 Likes

That’s the one I had in mind as well.

You’re claiming coincidence?

No they don’t.

1 Like

Link?

Having a gun in a shoebox in the top of a closet makes a person a gun owner in the same way growing an aloe Vera plant in your window makes a person a farmer.

6 Likes

“One of our roles is to report publicly available information on timely issues, even when unpopular. We knew publication of the database (as well as the accompanying article providing context) would be controversial, but we felt sharing information about gun permits in our area was important in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings,” she said.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/index.html

This was intentional. Which makes me believe this wasn’t an accident.

Democrats don’t give a damn if anything happens to gun owners as a result. They actually want it.

That AG is a â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– â– â– â– .

2 Likes

Nothing at all will happen to anyone in the AG office. I will wager anything. Care to take me up on that?

Democrats really don’t care.

In fact you’ve already defended this AG.

2 Likes

That is a newspaper…

The thread is about a state AG, doing it.

Which he did… and you said it’s ok because he’s “investigating”

I’m sure he’s using everything at his disposal to solve this.

I can’t even keep a straight face with that statement.

2 Likes