By the numbers. What has changed?

I’m sure you’re aware mass shootings listed for 2019 is only a partial list.

Here’s a full one.

Its something about American culture, I have no idea what it is.

That article isn’t accurate.

Quake II had online multiplayer four years before Quake III or Unreal Tournament. As did Half Life.

What Unreal Tournament and Quake III did was make it really popular; they were the first really big online multiplayer shooters. And it really wasn’t even the games themselves. It was the beginning of the broad band era at that time that skyrocketed their popularity in urban areas.

Playing on dial up was a chore, even with the simplified games of that era. Broadband made the online functionality enjoyable.

Thanks for the list.

Was is the cause?

Since we had same amount of guns per population now as we 60 years ago?

Same amount of guns per person maybe but a lot more people in the country now

Could it be, ummmm… availability of firearms…

The death throes of America.

Some people just enjoy being contrarians.

1 Like

But # of guns in gun-owning households has soared.

OK, I’m not big into history of online gaming. That’s what this thread is for. Timeline, numbers etc.

A drastic change happen in America. We need to find that to even start understanding the cause.

Is it decline of hunting, where father takes the son out for hs first “real” kill? Plus the male bonding is missing?

That’s just one example since their are thousands of others.

Lies, damn lies and statistics… :joy:

We’ve always been violent.

What’s changed is that they are primarily targeting innocents for no material reason.

The 1930s were basically a murder fest in the United States but in general there was method to the madness. They had material and financial reasons for the shootings. And most of the targets were police officers or armed security personnel at banks. People who could fight back. The criminals of that era generally refrained from brutally murdering unarmed people.

Even during the crack wars of the 80s and 90s there wasn’t a concentrated movement to shoot innocents.

I dunno what’s changed.

1 Like

to bad the government is banned from studying this.

Lack of life itself?

You know if the government lifted its ban on studying the causes and effect of mass shooting we might have some clue.

1 Like

I’ve not heard the banning of goverment studying on mass shooting.

And even if they did a study would you believe it? Since we all know goverment has agenda.

As I said, can you trust the goverment research?

No…goverment has agenda and Dickey Amendment hit hte nail on the head.

I have a neighbor named Roger. He’s a shrubber. Roger the Shrubber, we call him…

People aren’t alone anymore.

1 Like