BREXIT EXIT: Theresa May Promises to STEP DOWN if Parliament Passes Her Brexit Agreement

Originally published at: BREXIT EXIT: Theresa May Promises to STEP DOWN if Parliament Passes Her Brexit Agreement | Sean Hannity

Embattled British Prime Minister Theresa May reportedly told Members of Parliament she will step-down from her position “earlier than intended” should the government pass her Brexit proposal; legislation that has already been defeated twice by large margins.

“British Prime Minister Theresa May on Wednesday told Tory Members of Parliament she will resign once a Brexit deal has been reached,” reports the New York Post. “The Prime Minister made the remark as she addressed the Conservative party’s 1922 Committee.”

“I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to do what is right for our country and our party,” said May. “I ask everyone in this room to back the deal so we can complete our historic duty — to deliver on the decision of the British people and leave the European Union with a smooth and orderly exit.”

The United Kingdom was scheduled to leave the European Union this week but have since been given a two-month extension by EU lawmakers to reach a new agreement on their impending divorce from the group.

Read the full report at the New York Post.