Breaking: The feds are withdrawing from Portland

No. The governor didn’t commit the state police police to protect the building before it was attacked, nor did the mayor allow the city police. Now they have committed to doing so.

State’s responsibility.

No…they wouldn’t have.

The police have been protecting the court house since the first night it was vandalized.

2 Likes

No, they haven’t. “Vandalized” :rofl:

It seem the Terrorist have won.

It looks like the Governor of Oregon is going to finally do her damned job!! ICAM with President Trump to step aside, keeping Fed agents close by, and allow the Governor to uphold her oath of office or die on her own sword. State Troopers are just a notch below Federal Marshall’s & I don’t think the mob will respect them anymore then they do the Feds, so we shall see what happens.

1 Like

Lol yes.

How do you imagine “State Troopers” to be like?

I do too, if they are allowed to.

1 Like

About like Marshals.

Don’t know about Oregon, but in half a dozen states I am more familiar with, they are not to be trifled with.

1 Like

It would depend on the leadership of the State and how they imagine their State Troopers should be like. They should have jurisdiction over local police and mayors but if a leftist Democrat Governor puts restrictions on them and tells them to stand down to the rioters I imagine they will be just as useless as the Portland Police Department is! :roll_eyes:

That’s why it’s wise for President Trump to have Fed troops close by to see how it goes and see if the Governor holds up her end of the bargain of doing her damned job!!

1 Like

But Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said in a statement that though the department has agreed with the Oregon governor on a plan, the department will proceed with the withdrawal of security personnel in Portland only if federal officials are confident that federal properties will no longer be under attack.

We shall see. Sounds more like a “step up to the plate or step away” ultimatum.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

– Sun Tzu, the Art of War

1 Like

The State Police have always been protecting the Courthouse. The SP presence is why only 50 NG were called in instead of 100. I understand. You don’t live here.

Ok, if you say so. And that explains a lot.

I honestly don’t care about that hole.

We know.

That’s good. Just making sure.

Yes, the withdrawal is conditional:

Billy Williams, the U.S. attorney for the district of Oregon, on Monday signaled that federal officers stationed in Portland would not be removed as long as damages and threats to federal property, namely the city’s federal courthouse, continue.

“It is not a solution to tell federal officers to leave when there continues to be attacks on federal property and personnel. We are not leaving the building unprotected to be destroyed by people intent on doing so,”

Yup, it’s a step up to the plate ultimatum.

It puts the lefty politicians in quite the pickle. :rofl:

The tables have been turned. “Put up or shut up”. :joy: