BREAKING: Rep. Ilhan Omar FINED for Violating Campaign Finance Laws

Originally published at: BREAKING: Rep. Ilhan Omar FINED for Violating Campaign Finance Laws | Sean Hannity

Controversial Congresswoman Ilhan Omar was ordered Friday to pay-back over $3,000 and pay additional fines for violating campaign finance laws during her time as a state representative in Minnesota.

“Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar has been ordered to reimburse her campaign account about $3,500 and to pay a fine of $500 after an investigation found she illegally used campaign funds in 2016 and 2017,” reports the New York Post.

“The illegal donations date back to when Omar, who represents a district in Minnesota, served as a state representative,” adds the Post.

“I’m glad this process is complete and that the Campaign Finance Board has come to a resolution on this matter,” Omar told the newspaper in a statement.

Omar made national headlines following her swearing-in last January on a series of issues; including anti-Israeli remarks, flippant comments regarding the 9/11 terror attacks, vicious comments towards the President, and more.

Last week, the far-left legislator claimed the White House was “weaponizing” the US census to target minorities.

“It’s now explicit: Trump is weaponizing the Census to benefit ‘Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites.’ This is an attack on democracy and in any other Administration, it would be a multi-year scandal,” posted Omar on social media.

It's now explicit: Trump is weaponizing the Census to benefit "Republicans and Non-Hispanic Whites."

This is an attack on democracy and in any other Administration, it would be a multi-year scandal. https://t.co/EuyWT5P9VZ

— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan) May 30, 2019

The far-left legislator found herself in hot-water earlier this month when she posted -then deleted- a Tweet that claimed Latin American migrants could never enter the United States using President Trump’s proposed “Merit-based” immigration system.

“A ‘merit based’ immigration policy is fueled by racism towards the Latinx community,” Omar wrote. “Our immigration policies shouldn’t be based on discrimination, fear, or bigotry. We should welcome immigrants to our country and offer a simple way to citizenship.”

Sen. Ted Cruz, the son of a Cuban immigrant who earned Math Degree and became a computer program, slammed Omar’s comments as deeply “troubling.”

“As the son of a Cuban immigrant whose Dad came to get a math degree & become a computer programmer, I’m troubled that Dems seem to believe Hispanic immigrants can’t qualify for skills-based legal immigration. Bringing in more scientists, engineers & doctors is good for US jobs,” posted Cruz.

As the son of a Cuban immigrant whose Dad came to get a math degree & become a computer programmer, I’m troubled that Dems seem to believe Hispanic immigrants can’t qualify for skills-based legal immigration. Bringing in more scientists, engineers & doctors is good for US jobs. https://t.co/iugniZgJtL

— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 29, 2019

Wow! Wow! Wow!

That would be like fining an average person 35 dollars for doing something really stupid, and wrong. lol.

I think that it’s stupid how weather it’s an Athlete or someone rich and famous, or
its a politician, that any time that these people get caught doin something wrong, that they simply get a tiny slap on the wrist so to speak fine wise.

I’d fine her at least 35,000 if not more, then take some sort of other disciplinary action.

If these people only get a slap on the wrist, it doesn’t teach them anything!!!
They could care less. It’s hardly anything to them.

Whooptido! lol.