BREAKING NOW: Sen. Murkowski to Vote AGAINST Further Witnesses in Impeachment Trial

Originally published at: BREAKING NOW: Sen. Murkowski to Vote AGAINST Further Witnesses in Impeachment Trial | Sean Hannity

Senator Lisa Murkowski told reporters Friday she will vote against hearing from additional witnesses in the ongoing impeachment trial; likely avoiding a split vote that could have ended in the hands of Supreme Court Justice John Roberts.

Sen. Murkowski on her vote against witnesses:

"I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate. I don’t believe the continuation of this process will change anything. It is sad for me to admit that, as an institution, the Congress has failed." pic.twitter.com/S53edcpdKR

— MSNBC (@MSNBC) January 31, 2020

“The House chose to send articles of impeachment that are rushed and flawed. I carefully considered the need for additional witnesses and documents, to cure the shortcomings of its process, but ultimately decided that I will vote against considering motions to subpoena,” the Alaska Republican said in a statement.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.