BREAKING NOW: New Strzok-Page Emails Show ‘Gaps’ in Clinton Probe, ‘Special Treatment’ for Hillary’s Attorney

Originally published at: BREAKING NOW: New Strzok-Page Emails Show ‘Gaps’ in Clinton Probe, ‘Special Treatment’ for Hillary’s Attorney | Sean Hannity

Recently obtained emails exchanged between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page show the FBI aimed to accommodate requests from Hillary Clinton’s lawyers leading up to the 2016 race for the White House.

“Internal FBI emails released Monday show FBI officials in 2016 sought to ‘expeditiously’ accommodate a request for information from then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s lawyer, in what a conservative watchdog group claimed is evidence of ‘special treatment,’” reports Fox News.

“Judicial Watch – a group that routinely sues for government records – obtained and released 218 pages of emails between former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. Many of the emails have to do with the bureau’s investigation into whether Clinton improperly used a private email server as secretary of state to discuss classified information,” adds the article.

“The emails released Monday, meanwhile, show then-FBI General Counsel James Baker writing that he spoke with Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendall, in August 2016 and promised that the FBI would work to hand over a copy of the 302 from Clinton’s interview ‘expeditiously,’” writes Fox.

Clinton’s email probe was thrust again into the national spotlight last week when former Attorney General Loretta Lynch contradicted James Comey’s Congressional testimony regarding the investigation.

“So you do not believe you ever instructed him to call it a matter?” one lawmaker asked Lynch.

“I did not. I have never instructed a witness as to what to say specifically. Never have. Never will,” fired-back the former Attorney General.

Lynch’s comments directly refute Comey’s Congressional testimony.

QUESTION: And then you made a comment earlier about the Attorney General, previous AG [Lynch] asking you about the investigation on the Clinton emails, saying that you were asked not to call it an ‘Investigation’ anymore, but to call it a ‘Matter.’ And you said that confused you. Can you give us additional details on that?

COMEY: Well, it concerned me, because we were at the point where we refused to confirm the existence of an investigation –as we usually do– for months,. And it was getting to a place where that looked silly, because the campaigns were talking about interacting with the FBI in the course of our work.

The Clinton campaign at the time was using all kinds of euphemisms, ‘security review,’ ‘matter.’ Things like that.

For what was going on. We were getting to a place where the Attorney General and I were going to have to testify and talk publicly about it, and I wanted to know if she would authorize us to confirm we had an investigation. And she said yes, but don’t call it that, call it a ‘Matter.’ And I said why would I do that? And [Lynch] said just call it a ‘Matter.’

Read the full report at Fox News.