Breaking: Manafort reaches 'tentative' plea deal with Mueller

There’s also that lesser known campaign worker who had a lot to do with Manafort. Pence something.

3 Likes

The constant isn’t the news, it’s Trump. I guess you refuse to comprehend that. If Trump just shut up, the investigation would only occasionally make the news. Trump’s fueling the attention. The only explanations are that he’s a complete moron, or that he’s laying the groundwork for dismissing a report that finds him very dirty. Now, “both” is certainly a possibility. Which of these do you think is the answer?

2 Likes

Manafort was the big fish in this investigation which makes me think the investigation is not to far from the finish line. This is a huge development.

Can someone explain this? I don’t understand what he means.

Looking on FoxNews for the Manafort story is googling something, then going to page 11 in hopes of finding your answer.

Time will tell, but it appears I am closer to the truth than others on this thread…

This just in

The actual deplorables that Clinton referenced are quite irredeemable.

But the other Americans who are complicit in supporting the corruption and scandal that is synonymous with Trump need to be made aware that their decisions have consequences for the nation. And next time they need to think through their choices and what the ramifications of those choices will be for the rest of the country.

They decided to allow us to enter one of the darkest periods of time in our nation. And we are all suffering as a result of their ignorance, lack of foresight, and/or anger in wanting to stick it to the man. Whatever their reason for voting for, and supporting Trump may have been or be.

That is an excellent point here as well. Things are going to get interesting.

FoxNews - We report, you decide.

Therefore, if they don’t report, you cannot decide. Plus its easier for FoxNews viewers to listen to AM radio. AM radio can decide for them.

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting him to cooperate.

No, I thought he was holding out for a pardon but with his agreements and forfeiture, a pardon would be worthless

I do not quite understand either

My bet is no cooperation… no plea.

He would lose everything… this way he still gets to have something for his family.

Indeed. In a sense, it’s “pardon-proof”:

But the fact that no media outlet was able to confirm whether or not the plea would include cooperation could only be possible if Mueller had made silence about that fact part of the deal. Otherwise, Manafort’s lawyers would have confirmed that it included no cooperation to placate the President. As it was, no one outside of the deal knew that the plea did include cooperation until Manafort was already pleading guilty.

And at this point, the deal is pardon proof. That was part of keeping the detail secret: to prevent a last minute pardon from Trump undercutting it.

Here’s why this deal is pardon proof:

1. Mueller spent the hour and a half delay in arraignment doing … something. It’s possible Manafort even presented the key parts of testimony Mueller needs from him to the grand jury this morning.
  2. The forfeiture in this plea is both criminal and civil, meaning DOJ will be able to get Manafort’s $46 million even with a pardon.
  3. Some of the dismissed charges are financial ones that can be charged in various states.

Remember, back in January, Trump told friends and aides that Manafort could incriminate him (the implication was that only Manafort could). I believe Mueller needed Manafort to describe what happened in a June 7, 2016 meeting between the men, in advance of the June 9 meeting. I have long suspected there was another meeting at which Manafort may be the only other Trump aide attendee.

And Manafort has probably already provided evidence on whatever Mueller needed.

So here’s what Robert Mueller just did: He sewed up the key witness to implicate the President, and he paid for the entire investigation. And it’s only now lunch time.

Link

5 Likes

President Bad Hombre is probably pooping a ring around himself right now, considering back in January he was telling people Manafort could incriminate him but was confident Manafort wouldn’t flip.

I wonder what he’s doing right now? I’m sure President Trump narrowly focused on his job and not screaming at the news.

2 Likes

NPR just posted that the cooperation does not include matters involving the Trump campaign.

This deal includes forfeiture of $46 million of assets even if Manafort is pardoned.

He is undoubtedly desperate, feeling cornered like a rat.

I suppose Bill Shine is trying to line up a good photo-op for Sunday in North Carolina, where he can throw some paper towels at people to prove his commitment to the American people through boundless empathy.

2 Likes

Mueller got Paulie to pay all of the legal fees incurred. Better than Trump with the Mexican wall!

1 Like

Yes: