BREAKING: Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President of the United States of America

“Donald Trump, you’re fired!”
-America

7 Likes
1 Like

If they were honest about it, all the cable news guys will miss him. He drove ratings.

I disagree. He has no understanding of the idea of going quietly. His rants on social media will continue to the end of his days.

As I happily eat my crow this morning the overriding feeling is not to gloat (much), just an overwhelming sense of relief. The thought of Trump ousted in January and reduced to a tired, old, easily ignored crank on Twitter is bonkers.

4 Likes

All of media thrived on his madcap words and behavior. They will indeed miss him.

As long as Republicans hold the Senate, I can live with this outcome. Won’t miss Trump, that’s for sure. So congrats, enjoy a few executive orders on me.

3 Likes

As a patriot, I am genuinely embarrassed for this country that the election ended up being so close after the last four years. Clearly, a lot of people have their priorities seriously mixed up.

2 Likes

Around 74 million of them.

2 Likes

President Trump should concede now.

Congratulations democrats. My sympathies libs.

2 Likes

I wanted it to be FoxNews that called it first…for the entertainment value of it.

It is concerning that Fox News is telling its staff not to refer to Biden as President-Elect Biden.

If Bidens win is confirmed I hope they rescind that but I suspect they are desperate to keep in with the Trump crime family.

But I am still not celebrating.

Right…a President railing against things he himself is doing, who thinks SCOTUS is his own personal kangaroo court, and has surrogates saying things like the PA Legislature should violate the Constitution and federal law and appoint its own electors is just the type of guy Americans who support a Republic should be voting for.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

As constitutional lawyers like Mr Levine telling electors not to follow the will of the people.

Yeah totally cool

1 Like

Hmm, seem to remember some other people doing that in 2016.

2 Likes

Who do you remember saying these things in 2016?

If you’ve got examples of sitting US Senators saying it, that would be even better.

1 Like

People on your side of the aisle. You forget the effort to get the electors to ditch Trump already?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-last-shot-bid-thousands-urge-electoral-college-to-block-trump-at-monday-vote/2016/12/17/125fa84a-c327-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html

Mark Levin relies on people having only a cursory understanding of the Constitution, so he focuses on the fact that the state legislatures have the power to decide how electors are chosen and ignores the constraints Congress can place on that power.

The upshot is legislatures COULD decide to just pick electors themselves and ignore the popular vote BUT…the cannot do it and make it apply retrospectively to the election that just occurred AND there are several rules in federal law written with the express purpose of discouraging them from doing so.

But of course, it appears many of these patriotic, Constitution-loving Trump supporters don’t care whether the Constitution is violated if it helps their man stay in power.

2 Likes

Cool cool

Be better?

Like the people pushing the national vote compact do?

4 Likes

Nothing is official yet. I wish we wouldn’t do this until it is.