Breaking: Federal prosecutors are reviewing the National Enquirer’s handling of its story about Jeff Bezos’ extramarital affair

This did not take long, I predict everyone that AMI/National Enquirer has extorted/bribed will be coming out of the woodwork.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1093929610419556353?s=21

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/national-enquirer-s-ami-said-to-be-scrutinized-over-bezos-story

They are now reviewing whether there was any criminal activity or whether AMI, the National Enquirer’s parent company, violated an earlier agreement not to engage in criminal conduct. AMI reached that deal to avoid prosecution over its role to silence women who had relationships with President Donald Trump, agreements negotiated with his former lawyer Michael Cohen.

Major development. I hope they mean what they say and will investigate it. I suspect the ties for this go to Trump with AMI’s long relationship with Crooked Donald.

1 Like

In before… Witch hunt… Fake news… Presidential friend harrassment

1 Like

Amazing how everything that comes into Trump gets corrupted to the core.

1 Like

Crooked Donald strikes again.

1 Like

I don’t even know how to respond to this.

This is going to go very poorly for AMI and Mr. Pecker. I hope they feel it was worth it, to stand complicit in their criminal endeavors with Trump.

They crossed the feds and the world’s richest man, how stupid can you get?

2 Likes

The idea someone brought up for Bezos to sue Pecker (the way Hulk Hogan did to Gawker) is a very interesting prospect.

1 Like

When this is tied back to fat donald and a foreign country, it will be a monumental scandal.

Yes it is. Very interesting. That obviously destroyed Gawker too. With Bezos’ money, perhaps AMI will also go the way of the Dodo as a result of their criminal behaviors. Could not have happened to a more deserving bunch of crooks.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’ll get lost in the myriad of a zillion other scandals. We’re becoming numb to the vile corruption that is Trump.

1 Like

We all still remember when Trump wondered why the National Enquirer didn’t get a Pulitzer right?

1 Like

Fat donald’s tweet less than a month ago, it wouldn’t shock me if he already knew.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1084627451983073280?s=21

1 Like

Dumpster Donnie just can’t help himself.

4 Likes

How is this even a thing.

1 Like

And until then, its about some risque pictures and a scandal mag not wanting Bezos to investigate how they spied on him.

It’s also about whether Pecker violated Federal Prosecutors’ cooperation deal.

2 Likes

Indeed.

The Enquirer tried to embarrass Jeff Bezos and his colleague into:

mak(ing) the specific false public statement to the press that we “have no knowledge or basis for suggesting that AMI’s coverage was politically motivated or influenced by political forces.”

If we do not agree to affirmatively publicize that specific lie, they say they’ll publish the photos, and quickly. And there’s an associated threat: They’ll keep the photos on hand and publish them in the future if we ever deviate from that lie.

That’s political on its face and didn’t work out so well for AMI.

By so doing, they also embarrassed the SDNY and their commitment to the SDNY not to engage in illegal activities. They just can’t help themselves.

I suspect one does not embarrass the SDNY like this and it not get noticed by the SDNY.

1 Like

Oh so this is political…

2 Likes