Breaking: Facebook considering political blackout

If only FB could figure out a way to find (identify)the nuts, and instead of letting the nuts get directed to more nuts, they. instead direct them to information sites. To educate all the nuts, so they can learn how nutty they are?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-07-10/facebook-considers-political-ad-blackout-ahead-of-u-s-election

“The potential ban is still only being discussed and hasn’t yet been finalized, said the people, who asked not to be named talking about internal policies. A halt on ads could serve as a defense against misleading election-related content spreading widely right as people prepare to vote”

How could we get hollywood to follow suit??

And sports??

Not sure which group is worse.

2 Likes

I don’t pay any attention to the ads. I base my vote on the memes I see posted on Facebook.

10 Likes

Facebook is a crime against humanity.

1 Like

will a boycott of monocles be around the corner?

A “ban”…yeah…that isn’t the new name of a one-way political street…amirite? :sunglasses:

Good, the less political ads I see/hear, the happier I am

1 Like

Come on, think of it: the Trump campaign relies so heavily on Facebook micro-targeting and stealing people’s personal information with those half assed games that if they blacked it out, you’d have a perfect excuse why he lost without admitting the horrific incompetence.

I don’t get it. Campaigns are entirely data driven now and about half of it is on social media.

Seeing ads on Facebook? How quaint. lol

I banned political fussing on my fb page earlier this year. Things have been quiet and peaceful. :blush: