Breaking: Anonymous author of Trump ‘resistance’ op-ed to publish a tell-all book

Forget the damn book KellyAnn. Don’t be a coward and agree to testify before Congress and let the chips fall where they may.

https://twitter.com/shimonpro/status/1186720539961892873?s=21

1 Like

This is silly. Anonymous info to the press, I guess. Anonymous tell all books? They should send the check to a random person.

1 Like

A link (at the bottom) to the original op-ed.

I won’t print it all for copyright reasons (you’ll just have to dig it up) but here’s a couple of paragraphs from it:

That is why many Trump appointees have vowed to do what we can to preserve our democratic institutions while thwarting Mr. Trump’s more misguided impulses until he is out of office.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

I mean, Primary Colors was a bestseller and that was not just anonymous but a roman a clef.

1 Like

“Deep Throat” (Mark Felt), the source for “All the President’s Men,” wasn’t regarded as silly.

But remember, Mark Felt never got a book contract… i.e,. he never personally profited.

So Tillerson finally got around to writing a book?

This is my thinking right now, if you have vital information then go to the press even if it’s anonymously. But cashing in on a book seems like you’re just another random political person who is full of themself. And their op-Ed was just “ I’m one of the good ones”

True, but I took it the post as saying the whole idea of an anonymous source was silly, which has been stated many times here.

As for books by anonymous sources, besides “Primary Colors”, Wikipedia, not a great source, lists two others, neither of which I’m familiar with: Through Our Enemies’ Eyes: Osama Bin Laden, Radical Islam and the Future of America (2003) and Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror (2004), which were both written by a former CIA officer.

1 Like

The source did go to the press already.

Still kinda want to read it.

Just now found that he did write a book, “Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House,” co-authored with John O’Connor. It was turned into a documentary.

Think of it this way…everyone else.quits or leaves. By not coming out yet they stay.

The mollusk media will have to get pretty creative during 4 more years of MAGA

One more book won’t matter. Trump’s limitations were known well before he won the Presidency. His supporters among the public seem unlikely to change their position – they like what they are getting: Supreme Court choices… unset “libs” and are not interested in material that rehashes Trump’s shortcomings.

What matters. There is an upcoming trial in the Senate which will depend on whether Republicans cote to curtail the threat to democratic governance that Trump represents or continue to bow to political expediency. And if the Republicans fail to step up then it will be up to the voters in 2020, who will be very influenced by how the impeachment process is carried out.

No one is going to tell us more about Trump’s limitations and its not clear if anybody or anything can shake his bases’ appreciation of what he does for them.

The book may matter…it may open up even more things to investigate…

It had to have been many years after Watergate since his identity remained hidden for so long… to the point where some even doubted whether “Deep Throat” had existed.

That raises an interesting question. Is the most effective impeachment one that focuses on a few clearly understood things or one that bogs down in a longer litany of charges.

Right now there’s a fairly simple story. A major Russian oligarch – Fiskov – who is fighting extradition to the US – hired two minor Russian hoods – Parnas and Fruman. They hired Rudy Giuliani and gave Pete Sessions and a few other Congressman money to support their efforts to take over a Ukrainian energy company, presumably for Fiskov.
Putin, Orban and Guiliani convinced Trump that he could both exorcise the 2016 Russia scandal and sink Biden if he leaned on the Ukraine, so he did. When people in the White House saw what was happening they went into cover-up mode, but numerous pros came forward and then the Acting Chief of Staff confirmed the quid pro quo.

Fiskov, presumably acting with Putin’s okay, bought US foreign policy for $650K… $500K to Giuliani and $150K to Sessions

3 Likes

Anonymous? Not interested.

■■■■ these people.

2 Likes

Apparently they will be donating a chunk of the profits to the WHCA and passed on a large bonus for the book. Stelter tweet:

“The Author of A WARNING refused the chance at a seven figure advance and intends to donate a substantial amount of any royalties to the @ WHCA and other organizations that fight for a free press that seeks the truth,” agent @ matt_latimer says

So that’s something at least.