Breaking: Amazon's Jeff Bezos charges National Enquirer with blackmailing him with nude photos

Oops.

I didn’t think I’d ever be cheering for Bezos. I’m definitely going to follow his blog, too, if it actually gives me insight into his mine instead of being a bunch of business advice malarkey.

Yeah. Bezos is a jerkoff billionaire who refuses to pay labor a living wage and is the reason why people sit alone in dark rooms sharpening their pitchforks.

Other than that I have no problem with him.

1 Like

Trump Flunkies at National Enquire Try to Blackmail Jeff Bezos

‘‘In an extraordinarily personal online post, Mr. Bezos said intermediaries of David J. Pecker, the chairman of American Media Inc., the owner of The Enquirer, had approached him to stop his investigation. Mr. Bezos said he had been told that if he refused, the publisher would make risqué and intimate photos of him and the woman he was seeing, Lauren Sanchez, public.’’

''Mr. Bezos said A.M.I. had wanted him to stop looking into it for political reasons. He pointed to the publisher’s past cooperation with President Trump,… ‘’

This has Trumps sticky little fingers all over it.

Even Fox News is pushing it.

They’re not smart enough to think ahead even two degrees of separation. They’ll pull backcoverage oncesome explains the possible connection to the President to them.

3 Likes

Nothing to do with Trump.

You’re kidding, right.

2 Likes

"AMI has been in the political spotlight often during the Trump administration.

In December, federal prosecutors announced that they wouldn’t be pursuing charges against the company for spending $150,000 during the 2016 election to buy, then conceal, ex-Playboy model Karen McDougal’s story claiming a past affair with President Trump."

Lolzzzzzzzz sure.

Are all of Trump’s pals this damn corrupt?

I could imagine anyone with the last name of Pecker probably got bullied as an elementary kid, and loves him some legislation now.

1 Like

Generations had the opportunity to change their name to Peck and none did it…

I was hoping he’s just slightly out of touch.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Must defend Trump!!

It gets deeper…

“Ronan Farrow said Thursday that he and “at least one other prominent journalist” who had reported on the National Enquirer and President Trump received blackmail threats from the tabloid’s parent company, American Media Inc., over their work”

“In response to Farrow, former Associated Press editor Ted Bridis tweeted, “We were warned explicitly by insiders that AMI had hired private investigators to dig into backgrounds of @AP journalists looking into the tabloid’s efforts on behalf of Trump.” Bridis spent 11 years as the editor of the AP’s Washington investigative team.”

Crazy stuff

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/08/ronan-farrow-says-he-was-also-blackmail-target-after-reporting-national-enquirer-trump/?noredirect=on&utm_source=reddit.com&utm_term=.15fda8f7e090

Interesting story, though not new, that Donald Trump, the guy that’s the 45th president, was once embarrassed by the National Enquirer.

A bit of legaleze that AMI is looking at:

8 U.S. CODE § 875(d) on INTERSTATE COMMUNICATIONS STATES:

Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Why didn’t these guys report all of this to the authorities?

They chose to ignore it, from the looks of it. I’d guess by revealing it it would give away the fact they were investigating them.