Brazil learns from Venezuela.. Elects an anti-communist

We will have to wait and see what happens from here. They guy could be a real bad apple, a tyrant, and a lawless thug, Or he could be transformational for the country, in a good way.

He also doesn’t think blacks should reproduce.

Maybe I was just naive, but I really thought we all had shared certain American values, and simply disagreed on what would be best. These past two years have really opened my eyes.

2 Likes

I for one am glad that white nationalists from America are now openly embracing Nazis from other countries.

2 Likes

Of course the Trumpsters suppprt him. These aren’t negatives to them. You’ve just outlined reasons hey support him.

The left does not accept elections they do not win…and this time it was by a clear numerical majority.
“Not my President” and he hasn’t had a chance to do one thing yet.
They can’t talk issues successfully so they have to talk cherry picked quotes often from decades ago.

You’re just going to keep doubling down on this fascist aren’t you.

Until he proves himself to actually be a fascist. Ever tire of calling your ideological opponents fascists? Its really akin to those who accuse anyone who favors any form of social welfare a “communist”.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not looking forward to his roving bands of torture squads.

did you never get around to reading your own wiki link?

1 Like

He’s not my President because I don’t live in Brazil, actually…

So he pretty much says what he wants to do, but you’ll give him a pass until he actually does it.

How open-minded of you…

1 Like

No, and if that happens I will certainly change my opinion of Bolsonaro, and of Brazil if 56% of the people continue to support him under those conditions.

“If”?

You need to crack a history book.

Bolsonaro didn’t do that, and what he does in the future is not in a history book yet.

Torture

Mr. Bolsonaro advocates it:

“I am in favor of torture — you know that. And the people are in favor of it, too.

In April 2016, when President Dilma Rousseff’s impeachment was put to a vote in Congress, Mr. Bolsonaro dedicated his vote to a colonel who ran a torture center during the country’s military dictatorship in which Ms. Rousseff was tortured in her youth:

“In memory of Col. Carlos Alberto Brilhante Ustra, the terror of Dilma Rousseff … I vote YES.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/28/world/americas/brazil-president-jair-bolsonaro-quotes.html

From “not knowing” the guy, to full fledged supporter in less than 12 hours, you go Doug!

1 Like

he did the same thing when he barged into the thread about the racist radio ad (that the GOP candidate denounced).

He started supporting it before he even listened to it and then he got stuck.

You did notice the guy got elected, and I don’t mean in the Venezuela style… A fair election.

Why don’t you wait to see an act of dictatorship?

…Like using their tax system to attack your opponents…