BOY’S BEST FRIEND: This Amazing 12-Year-Old Creates Bow Ties to Help Shelter Dogs Find New Parents

Originally published at: BOY’S BEST FRIEND: This Amazing 12-Year-Old Creates Bow Ties to Help Shelter Dogs Find New Parents | Sean Hannity

More than 670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats are euthanized throughout the United States every year; each unable to find adoptive parents from shelters across the country. One heartwarming boy is trying to put a stop to it.

Meet Darius Brown.

“Darius Brown was diagnosed with developmental delays when he was 2, but a hobby creating bow ties has helped him flourish — while benefiting the animals he loves, too,” reports Today.

“Darius Brown, 12, has two big passions: bow ties and animals. So the Newark, New Jersey, resident helps shelter pets dress for success by donating his one-of-a-kind bow ties to rescue organizations across the country,” adds the website.

“It helps the dog look noticeable, very attractive,” he told TODAY. “It helps them find a forever, loving home … I love everything about dogs and cats.”

Brown was initially diagnosed with a speech delay, cognitive problems, and motor skill issues at the age of two.

“With his fine motor skills, he wasn’t able to really use his hands well — tying a shoe was challenging,” his mother told TODAY. “My mother and I came up with the idea that if he helped us with things like prepping the ribbon or cutting it, and sewing fabric together, it would help him. And it did — it worked!”

Read the touching story here.

1 Like

cool story. I hope that more people can adopt Pets around the World on a regular basis!