Borden files for Chapter 11 reorganization, the latest victim of the trend of American consumers moving away from dairy products

The whole industry was slammed by the trade war and it was already the trend, now the rate of closures has almost doubled and it is small dairies.

So lets see, you have one that has data covering a 15 year period that ends BEFORE the trade sanctions showing a 55% decline in the small dairies,
Then you have a graph of only Wisconsin dairies.

You have any NATIONAL numbers by year?

Milk hydrates better than water, and is far healthier than fake milk will ever be.

1 Like

“The study is funded by Dairy Farmers of Canada.”
:roll_eyes:

No one cares that you like to drink soy milk. :wink:

Awesome. You’ve refuted the claim with a big bag of nothing. Keep that STEM alive, Lucy. :rofl:

Pharmaceuticals fund research with subjective outcomes for using potentially addictive and physiologically damaging drugs and we hear very little. A few objections…not much though.

Milk producers show that their boasts of the health benefit of a substance produced to nourish offspring are accurate and the funding gets pointed out 23 posts in.

Just laughing at the priority.

Milk is still good food.

:milk_glass:

1 Like

I wouldn’t look for guidance to the Department of Agriculture than. :smile:

Pretty much all of its guidance (four food groups, my pyramid, my plate) are driven by industry wishes. :smile:

As I well know as I have spent my life in agri-business.

No doubt.

:thinking:Ad hom, much?

I grew up on raw milk.

Raw milk as in straight out of the milk tank at the farm. :smile:

We don’t use a lot milk these days. When we do, primarily for recipes, cooking and baking, we use raw milk from a local farm. We use about a quart to a half a gallon a week, depending on what we make. Occasionally I will drink a glass or two.

(Note: Raw milk sales are legal in Pennsylvania under certain restrictions.)

(Note: In North Carolina they are in the process of legalizing it. But a current loophole for animal feed makes it possible to obtain it. Just don’t tell the seller how you plan to use it. :smile:)

I am of the strong opinion that milk for children should exclusively be whole milk. Animal fats are essentially for proper cell division and growth. I want to punch government bureaucrats in the face for pushing low fat milk on children.

I remember as a kid staying with my dad’s sister in Akron, Ohio. She exclusively used skim milk. Imagine going from fresh raw milk to skim milk. Yuck. I had to go to the store and buy a quart of whole milk for my own use because I simply could not stomach that skim milk.

I don’t encourage adults drinking milk in any form nor do I discourage it. It is not a necessity. But for kids, particularly younger kids, they should drink full fat milk.

I love milk, whole milk especially. But raw milk? I tasted it once, and never again. :wink:

Whole milk only as well. Honestly I hate anything low fat or “sugar free”, just eat something else instead of a ■■■■■■ version of something.

2 Likes

Knee-jerk reactions are a tough habit to break, like people’s bones who drink enough milk growing up. lol

I get about 30-40% of my minimum daily protein from milk and cultured dairy. It’s as good as meat in my book.

1 Like

Hope you never get diagnosed as a diabetic. Sugar fee or die

Like,I,said, I would just eat something else.

Easier said then done . . . . trust me . . .