BOOKER’S BUYBACK: Cory Booker Now Supports ‘Mandatory’ Gun Buyback Program Across the USA

Originally published at: BOOKER’S BUYBACK: Cory Booker Now Supports ‘Mandatory’ Gun Buyback Program Across the USA | Sean Hannity

Failing presidential candidate Cory Booker joined fellow Democrat Beto O’Rourke on gun control this week; confirming he would support a “mandatory buyback program” on “assault rifles.”

“Mandatory buyback or voluntary buyback?” asked the MSNBC moderator.

“This is another thing, to me, that’s just absurd… We’re talking about assault rifles. The overwhelming majority of Americans, over 75%, does not believe we should have weapons of war on our streets,” said Booker.

“You have a mandatory buyback program,” he added.

Cory Booker just said he supports a mandatory buyback of assault rifles at MSNBC forum. pic.twitter.com/tus8FGNgHD

— Francis Brennan (@FrancisBrennan) October 2, 2019

Booker managed to meet his last-minute fundraising deadline over the weekend; vowing to continue his quest to take-on President Trump in the 2020 race for the White House.

“Sen. Cory Booker’s (D-N.J.) White House campaign said that it met its goal of raising $1.7 million dollars a Monday deadline and announced the senator will continue his bid for the presidency,” reports The Hill.

“When we made the decision to be completely honest with folks about where we stood and what we needed to raise to put this campaign on a path to be successful, we didn’t know how people would respond,” Booker said in a statement.

“I’ve been overwhelmed by the response, and I couldn’t be more grateful to everyone who pitched in. This moment is a testimony to the power of what’s possible when people unite in common purpose and work toward a shared goal,” he added.

Read the full report at The Hill.