BOLTON ON VENEZUELA: White House Working Towards First ‘Completely Free Hemisphere’ in Human History

Originally published at: BOLTON ON VENEZUELA: White House Working Towards First ‘Completely Free Hemisphere’ in Human History | Sean Hannity

National Security Advisor John Bolton outlined the President’s bold vision on foreign policy this week; saying the White House hopes to see the first “completely free hemisphere” in human history.

“I think many U.S. allies in this region, in this hemisphere, those closest to us, welcome the U.S. leadership here under President Trump to keep foreign powers from extending their influence, particularly in Venezuela, which is what I was referring to when I said the Monroe Doctrine is alive and well. It’s intended to throw a shield around the hemisphere,” Bolton said.

“It’s worked for a long time, and I think it’s an important doctrine to keep in mind as we work for the objective that President Trump seeks here, which is the first completely free hemisphere in human history. We’re not embarrassed by that,” he added.

1 Like