Boebert and Omar/Terrorist with Backpack Question

So Boebert did some free-style stand-up riffing the other day:

During an event in her Colorado district, Boebert told the audience about an encounter with Omar in the Capitol, describing another encounter with Omar as “not my first ‘Jihad Squad’ moment,” according to a video posted on Twitter.

“You know, we’re leaving the Capitol and we’re going back to my office and we get an elevator and I see a Capitol police officer running to the elevator. I see fret all over his face, and he’s reaching, and the door’s shutting, like I can’t open it, like what’s happening. I look to my left, and there she is. Ilhan Omar. And I said, ‘Well, she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine.’ ”

Yeah—Oh the irony and this story appears to be entirely made-up.

Then, the predictable apology:

Let’s set aside the that Boebert has supplied little evidence that she cares about “policy.” Do you think she needed to apologize for this (beyond doing it as a cynical insincere formality)? Should she be sorry at all? I’d imagine that her constituents love this stuff, or they wouldn’t go to her events. I’d also imagine that more than a few people on the right here like it, too. What say you?

1 Like

I think it was a dumb thing to say, glad she apologized.

Stick to the married brother and campaign money irregularities.

No need for fiction.

3 Likes

Uncalled for and over the top.

1 Like

I say that in order to keep this ship afloat, we need comity amongst ourselves, let alone our leaders. Of course she should apologize, and I’d go go further and say that I’d like to see her censored.

We gonna forget what Talihlan said about the Jews?

Even used “trope” in her own apology.

Pot, Pot, this is Kettle over.

Notice the date.

5 Likes

Was Omar censured?

2 Likes

censured?

the new democrat passtime

1 Like

curious…

if democrats can call republicans “white supremacist” why cant she insinuate omar, an outright jew hating muslim, is a terrorist too?

2 Likes

Omar’s racist ■■■■■■■■ doesn’t make Boebert’s racist ■■■■■■■■ any better. They’re both idiots who should be nowhere near Congress.

Omar started it.

I disagree, they both are right where they should be.

1 Like

lol

I disagree, they should both resign today. There are literally millions of better choices.

1 Like

The House is supposed to crazy. If they were Senators I would agree.

1 Like

Good point.

2 Likes

Term limits anyone?

3 Likes

Neither one of them has finished two terms.

She shouldn’t have said that.

Moving on…

1 Like

Boebert is the unnecessary distraction.

1 Like

Not to be outdone, MTG weighs in:

1 Like

Well of course! There must be plenty of room in your world for the “proggie left”. :roll_eyes: