Bob Woodward’s Stunning Look into the Presidency

Woodward is one of the best and most respected journalists in America. He ought to be taken seriously.

wordshard and brownstain have both disgraced themselves many times, but they have outdone each other in the past few weeks.

But but…19trillion…money is money isn’t it.

On the one hand we have a man who has spent decades crafting a solid reputation as a journalist.

On the other we have Trump and his cadre of proven liars.

This is a tough one.

1 Like

Totally…I say let him do it and watch the mob cheer…

And then blame the left about fiscal responsibility

And Coen’s response:

“This book does not accurately portray my experience at the White House. I am proud of my service in the Trump Administration, and I continue to support the President and his economic agenda.”

He supports it so much he left.

You know what he failed to do, in that statement?

Deny that he said what was claimed.

I’m almost done with “Fear” and it’s pretty amazing the back and forths that Gary Cohn had with Trump and his band of idiots Peter Navarro and Wilbur Ross. They refer to the Navarro/Ross faction as flat earthers because of their backwards beliefs on trade.

Cohn has explained (so far, I just got to Charlottesville) about 15 different occasions to Trump that trade deficits are good because it allows us to buy cheap products from overseas which allows for more money to spend on services at home, our economy being 84% service driven. Trump just repeatedly says “that’s ■■■■■■■■■ it’s all ■■■■■■■■■■

Malcom Turnbull also got Australia exempted from steel tariffs by just saying “you have a trade surplus with us”. Trump literally only cares about trade deficits and surpluses.

1 Like

One interesting note:

Wilbur Ross at one point in the book uses the word “lodestar” and someone else uses the phrase “malign” (I want to say McMaster but I’ve forgotten).

Porter and Cohn are the only two people in the book who don’t come off like complete ■■■■ sticks.

And Mattis, although the stuff on Syria is very interesting.

It’s all fake! Fake I say!

I’m just waiting for Bannon to no longer be in the picture. Every ■■■■■■■ time the narrator starts reading a bannon quote I tense up.

The funniest thing so far is that conservatives would be salivating if the actually read the book. Andrew McCabe told Reince Priebus point blank that the NYT article originally alleging collusion was ■■■■■■■■■ This is the article that Comey said was wrong “in the main” during his testimony. Too bad none of them will actually pick up the book. Oh well.

Interesting that McCabe would say that…yet here we are looking like something happened

Why do you tense up…

Imagine if someone just read aloud all of the Red Hat Brigade’s posts here to you, just screamed them into your ear. That’s what today felt like. The meeting where Tillerson called Trump a ■■■■■■■ moron was basically a big discussion about trade, and Bannon brought up the Iran deal and challenged everyone in the room to name one “ally” who would support Trump for backing out of it. He then declared that we don’t need allies and Europe and European businesses are all ■■■■■■■■■

Well no ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ you ■■■■■ No one is going to go along with you violating the terms of the agreement when Iran is in compliance. Bannon is smart enough to bait stupid people into doing his bidding, but dumb enough to miss the fact that he’s a necrotic boil on the ass of society.

Bannon really thought he was starting a revolution.
Yeah I agree about bannon.he doesnt inspire leadership

Cohn pushed back on the book’s claims Tuesday, while Trump has repeatedly called the book a “scam.”

These aren’t “claims” by Woodward, these are reports from members of Trump’s cabinet and advisors. I’d say there are a few of these incidents which deserve their own thread. Some of these events described would certainly have warranted a dozen separate threads, if it were President Obama.

1 Like

especially during the days of Nixon.

which we’re now repeating.

Actually, I voted Cruz for much the same reason. Once Trump got the nomination though, I knew the Republican Party was a lost cause. That was confirmed later when Cruz sold out.