Blood in the streets of S Carolina

Myth.

C’mon man. You can do better than that.

It is not. The reason it doesn’t happen much is because you can go months without seeing an open carry. Try it in the hood and you will be relieved of your weapon.

Explain. What is different about a cop carrying openly and me carrying openly as far as an armed goon being free to steal the gun?

But as far as carrying openly in “the hood” … your chances of having your gun taken from you are just as great if you carry concealed as if you carry openly. Unless you walk around with your gun in your had at the ready, you are vulnerable to having anything you carry taken from you.

2 Likes

He’s right.

:rofl: Stop dude.

You could say that.

Never knocked anybody in the head, but I’ve had some very sketchy friends in the past.

Because people are afraid to steal a gun from cops. Not as afraid to steal it from some guy named Fred.

How’s this? I wish I wasn’t right so often.

Suspect who stole gun from man open carrying at Detroit gas station arrested for unrelated crime (fox2detroit.com)

MI: Detroit Suspect Snatched Open Carry Pistol Off Bystander (ammoland.com)

Why are they afraid?

Congratulations.

Beats me. I just know that I see armed cops every day and rarely hear of them having their weapons randomly taken when not arresting someone. I have never seen anyone open carry. Yet they do have their weapons lifted. It’s like having a 20 dollar bill hanging out of your pocket and expecting someone not to grab it. Conceal your pistol. It’s the smart thing to do.

That’s horse hockey.

I think the “open carry is stupid” post you responded to was meant to convey the fact that a person should be able to open carry without a permit, the second amendment should just be without all the regulations inhibiting it. If you want to open carry, do so. If you want to conceal, do that. Open carry isn’t inviting someone to take your gun. In fact, it serves as a greater deterrent in what a perp may think is a soft target.

2 Likes

:rofl: Right on.

I carry. Whether or not I’m following your approved dress code is irrelevant.

1 Like

Before you get too cocky, you don’t know either. You just know it’s true. Do you need another link?

Sure. If you want to leave the keys to your car in the ignition do so. That doesn’t mean it’s smart.

I do know.

By the way, just so you’ll know, your gun is never “concealed” to a pro.