BLAME THE USA: Beto O’Rourke Blames Central American Drought on US Citizens

Originally published at: BLAME THE USA: Beto O’Rourke Blames Central American Drought on US Citizens | Sean Hannity

Failing presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke continued his verbal assault against the USA on the campaign trail this week; blaming a Central American drought on American citizens.

“Work with the people of Honduras, and Guatemala, and El Salvador, reduce violence in their home communities, violence which we are somewhat to blame for – the civil wars we’ve been involved in, the drug trade that we facilitated, the war on drugs that has militarized and hollowed out their civic institutions in their home countries,” Beto told the crowd.

“And Guatemala, suffering one of the greatest droughts in their recorded history, caused not be God nor by mother nature, but by you and me and all of us and our emissions and our excesses and our inaction in the face of the facts, and the science, and the truth,” he added.

O’Rourke unloaded on the United States during a campaign stop last week; saying America was “founded on racism and is still racist.”

“This country was founded on racism, has persisted through racism, and is racist today. If you don’t want to accept that phrase… Look at this: There’s ten times the wealth in White America today than there is in Black America,” said O’Rourke in Arkansas.

“Our country was founded on racism—and is still racist today. In Arkansas, I said why I believe there’s no denying this reality; and why it’s on all of us to change it,” posted Beto on social media.

Our country was founded on racism—and is still racist today. In Arkansas, I said why I believe there’s no denying this reality; and why it’s on all of us to change it. pic.twitter.com/cHLKmCMGEB

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 18, 2019

O’Rourke made similar comments earlier this year, telling a roundtable of migrants that the USA was “based on White Supremacy.”

“I know this from my home state, Texas, places that formed the Confederacy, that this country was founded on white supremacy,” he said, according to the Tennessean. “And every single institution and structure that we have in this country still reflects the legacy of slavery and segregation and Jim Crow and suppression, even in our democracy.”