Black churches being burned by extremist group

The extremists burning the churches in is the Muslim group, Boko Haram, which has reportedly destroyed over 1000 churches areas that it controls in Nigeria:

The story has not made the mainstream media. I guess since it is a Muslim extremist group destroying the churches, it is just not newsworthy . . .

Boko Haram is basically ISIS. They are two factions of the group one is led by the crazy man who kidbapped 300 girls a few years ago. The other led by a different person that faction seems to go after military targets more. Both bad news that have a strangle hold on Borno, Nigeria hostage.

…I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a couple thousand “mainstream media” stories on Boko Haram over the last 5 or 6 years.

There have been a few stories mainly about Boko Haram’s kidnapping of girls as sex slaves. I have seen nothing about the destruction of over a 1000 churches.

If religious extremists had destroyed even one church in Europe or the US, it would be headline news. Is the lack of interest in the story from Africa a form of racism by the news media?

Does the media assume that Muslim violence against people of other religions is so common that it is not newsworthy? Is that an unconscious form of islamophobia?