Black armed security guard killed by police while

I can’t watch videos right now, does he claim the bullet tumbles?

How did I miss this thread?

As for the video whether you’re shot with AR or handgun it all depends on the bullet and whether you hit bone.

And yes Sneak, Same vid.

Entering soft tissue it can yaw, then either flip over causing an irregular wound pattern or fragment.

The bullet does not fragment in soft tissue, so there’s that.

What you just posted is true of any bullet. It is impossible to predict how a bullet will react on striking the target. Any bullet. It is also impossible to predict how the body will react when hit.

I"ll watch it tonight.

lol - Care to pick one of those Dude?

Bullets do not fragment is soft tissue. I was referring to your claim of yaw.

But you got me. You caught me assuming.

That the cop is white and the victim was black?

That while white cops do shoot white people on occasion, they usually give them some instructions first before pulling the trigger, whereas if the guy is black, he’s toast as soon as the cop rolls up?

I’m willing to blame Black Lives Matters for instigating more and more hatred for white cops, which has led to a few assassinations, but that still doesn’t give a white cop the right to shoot a black guy who isn’t actually pointing a gun at him.

And I see I’ve fallen into the “Assume” trap myself.

Cops shoot more whites than anyone else.

Honestly curious, but why do you think that is?

I’ll tell you what. Cops are just afraid of white man driving a pickup as they are with blacks…if not more.

Well, do we know the cop shot him without giving instructions first.

I was thinking at least subconscious racism by police in the US.

How about the idea that everyone with a gun but a cop is a bad guy?

Could it be there are more whites to shoot?

What started this whole side issue was me laughing at people calling an AR a “high powered assault rifle”.

You can compare them to handguns and make the claim that the AR is much more damaging. No one is remotely disputing that.

The dispute is calling by calling it a high powered rifle. That is the error. It’s not. It’s a small rifle that’s chosen for low recoil and ammo capacity.

The video you linked correctly describes high velocity wounds vs low velocity. Though his claims of tumbling and fragmenting are not bore out in actual ballistics test short of the bullet hitting bone. Yes the bullet can Yaw and curve. But no, it doesn’t occurs withing the first couple centimeters like he says.

And the reason the “high powered assault rifle” bit is laughable is bullet size/weight. Here’s a comparison for you.

The AR15 shoots a 5.56mm bullet that is 64gr in weight, at 2,800-3,100 feet per second.

A common .308 shoots a 7.62mm bullet that weighs 168gr, at about 2,700-2,900 FPS.

A 30-06 bullet is the same diameter as a .308, the bullet weighs more (typically 180 to 220gr), and close to matches the 5.56 in speed.

There is no comparison. Yes an AR is more damaging than a handgun. But in the world of rifles, the AR15 is a pipsqueak compared to the other common guns.

People choose it because it looks cool and the ammo is cheap.

I’ll dispute it. I carry a .45. :wink:

And a 45.70

Fair enough. I didn’t notice the distinction you were making and really don’t, nor ever have if people call them high powered or not. From the first time I ever read the story from the radiologist about the Parkland victims and what she learned I only knew she was talking about high speed rounds.

^ should be “nor ever have cared”

That guy is a Canadian real estate agent.

Did you even watch that video?

And you are a ladies shoe salesman. Not sure what your point is.

But perhaps you could google a little further.

Civil Advantage Firearms Training

Civil Advantage Firearms Training operates CFSC & CRFSC courses throughout Vancouver’s lower Mainland. Civil Advantage also offers live fire courses for beginners to law enforcement professionals. Visit the website at www.civiladvantage.com or check our schedule.

Rod Giltaca - Canadian Firearms Safety Course Instructor

Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) Instructor, Rod Giltaca

Rod is a firearms enthusiast and an advocate for civilian firearm ownership. He is also an entrepreneur and Canadian businessman. As a business development professional and founder of YWire Technologies Inc., Rod travels across North America working with clients such as the US Government, US Military, and Fortune 20 Companies. This experience in communication has contributed to his passion, teaching civilians about firearm safety and sharing his adoration of the sport. Rod also maintains a YouTube channel dedicated to helping beginner shooters learn more about firearm operation and tips on firearms and equipment.

Rod is proficient with pistols, rifles and shotguns. He has trained in use of force, high risk entry and warrant service including numerous courses in combat rifle and pistol.