Black armed security guard killed by police while

You sound pretty clueless. And the doctor that had only seen a few high speed rifle wounds simply said that all of them were far, far worse than the ones SHE had seen from hand guns.

Go google 5.56 ballistic gel tests and come back and post the expansion results.

And that still makes that doctor a moron. That would be like a doctor saying: “well I’ve only treated people hit by bicycles before, but this guy that got hit bye a car was way worse”… well no duh.

PS. And that video is about the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. No. That’s not what a 5.56 bullet does on impact and whoever that guy is should be ashamed for being so ignorant on national tv.

Agree with those arguing that most doctors and news experts don’t actually know what they are talking about.

Fact: the vast majority of gun homicides are with handguns. 90 something percent.

Fact: a guy who shoots you with a hunting rifle is far more likely to kill you than a guy who shoots you with an AR-15 due to power and ammo.

Fact: banning “high capacity” mags is meaningless. Anyone can train themselves with minimal effort to change mags in a second so someone intent on a mass shooting spree will merely have to reload a few times. Its not as if they run out of bullets and then there will be a long pause before more shots.

Fact: there are literally more guns than people in this country. Even if you could pass a law banning all guns there is no way you could collect them all nor stop the flood of more coming in from Mexico because once you outlawed them you would create a huge pipeline of them coming from down south just like with drugs. Its far easier to ban them when your an Island (Britain or Australia) than when your not and share a large border with a country controlled by cartels.

If you are asking a doctor how to treat gunshot wounds, etc…their expertise matters. If you’re asking them whether or not gun control should be stricter, they are just another lay person with another opinion. Being a doctor adds no authority to your voice for gun control.

lol - I haven’t smoked pot in nearly 40 years do to the illegality of it AND the expense that brought with it. The day they legalize it in New York I’m gonna get me some.

Banning and making ■■■■ illegal does have an effect on the supply and availability of things no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn’t.

Yeah, because informed opinions about which weapons are usually the most lethal doesn’t add any weight to ones view on the subject at all. :roll_eyes:

1. You don’t need to be up close to have an informed opinion. You don’t need to be elbows deep in victims to have an informed opinion, so let’s dispense with that silliness.

2. The gun control argument is governed by the simple fact that guns kill. It makes no difference which gun is “more lethal”. A .22 can kill you. Beyond that, rifles aren’t even close to the primary type of gun used in gunshot deaths. And that’s not even getting into whether or not these docs are actually right about their anecdotal observations re: ARs being the “most lethal”, or “damaging”. The primary argument against ARs is rate of fire, not increased lethality related to damage caused by the type of weapon used.

3. Your argument is an illicit appeal to authority. Doctors have no inherent authority in the gun control argument and anecdotal experience isn’t enough to grant it.

They’re the ones who have to patch up the victims, try to prevent them from being crippled for life or declare them dead.

That’s job security for them…so I’m actually surprised that they are for gun control.

Yes, they are. Which means nothing when it comes to understanding the hows of gun control, or how to address the 2nd amendment.

I’m not surprised. Dr’s make money, yes, but that doesn’t make trauma any less emotionally difficult.

Of course it is. Life is hard.

No, it’s not. At all.

What do you think the root cause of this is?

i dont think theres just one root cause

does there have to be one

Excellent point. Root cause is: Human beings

Want to debate context that contributed?

why dont you tell me and ill listen

ive been picking up a lot of things here

Let’s do it together. I’m assuming the cop is white? We know the security guard was black. What’s the first obvious contextual factor?

I’m not even sure if that is the case. None of the news stories mention the cops race. Which I think indicates the cop wasn’t white. Because if he was white it would make a stronger headline.

You could be right. I’ll see if I can find something.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-security-guard-jemel-roberson-killed-details-20181115-story,amp.html

Little is known about the officer who shot Roberson. He is white and a seven-year police veteran. (Midlothian officials clarified Wednesday he’s been with that department nearly four years and worked for three at another department.) He is currently on paid leave while the state police Public Integrity Task Force investigates.

PS. Hmmm… You vs. This guy… Ima go with this guy.