Black armed security guard killed by police while

lol … :rofl: … But Samm, you have told us before in good guy shooter threads that this was never a worry. Cops would never show up and shoot the good guy! Right?

What happened here buddy? You couldn’t have been wrong about that, could you?

Witnesses say Roberson was wearing his uniform, including a hat emblazoned with the word “security,” and was holding a firearm he was licensed to carry.

You know perhaps they should have asked before shooting…

Yes, really.

They really need to increase the size of that lawsuit.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

Of course it is. What do you want? A guarantee of safety?

How much safety do you have if a bad guy is shooting people and no good guy with a gun is there to stop them? Talk about guarantees.

Golly, did you come up with that all by yourself?

I have never said anything like that. What I have said is the cops can tell the bad guys from the good guys because the bad guys are the ones who are shooting at them. In this case, nobody was shooting at anyone when the cops showed up. The cop screwed up, plain and simple. He had no justification to pull the trigger, unless the security guard had refused an order to put down the gun and/or pointed the gun toward the cop … neither of which occurred.

:rofl: And it’s still as funny today. Thanks bud.

And that’s the point Samm, Cops screw up, they make mistakes and here is exactly what you were told could happen.

Think on it. :rofl:… As if!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/being-silenced-is-not-acceptable-doctors-express-outrage-after-nra-tells-them-to-stay-in-their-lane/2018/11/11/5a8beca0-e5d5-11e8-b8dc-66cca409c180_story.html?fbclid=IwAR32OW3TyAHyEoE5s_t8mw00Y-XDbXj6fjSCGiMADE5JqyWd7nUyC8Zqhr4&utm_term=.061f9736f21a
NRA tries to tell doctors to shut up about gun control…

Seriously? ■■■■ the NRA.

Yes cops do screw up. But I guess libs would have rather him just stand outside and hide. let him shoot people like the cop did in Fl so you could yell about gun control. You guys don’t give two ■■■■■ about the guy who got shot or the people he saved. He was wearing a uniform according to others. Who says this dumb as cop wouldn’t have shot another cop in uniform or an under cover cop.

Well, I certainly hope you enjoyed your little rant there dude. :rofl:

But no, the only point to my post was that this can happen no matter how much Samm and others tried to say it could not.

I mean hell, this guy was apparently even in uniform and actually doing his job when the cops showed up and shot him. Imagine them showing up while “good guy” civilians(s) are still engaged in a shoot out with bad guys.

1 Like

No you tried make a political point and purposely misrepresented what Samm said.

a. I don’t understand why they would “freak out” then.

b. You know people are dying and you wouldn’t go out and try to save a few lives? You’d just hide and wait?

Not saying I’d do any different. I hope I’d have the courage to go out and try do something. Also hope that I’d never be in that situation.

They only knew the A) after I told them. They thought I’d be playing rambo or something originally.

Not my job, not my responsibility. Shelter in a safe place is the safest option in an active shooter situation unless you have the training and equipment to play rambo.

Safer for you, sure.

I never was a Rambo fan. Give me John McClane any time.

1 Like

Good to know.

But FYI, they are both fictional movie characters. They won’t be protecting you either.

And that’s the first responsability. My safety (and my family if they are with me).

all fun n games as long as the director can yell cut . . . and everyone can walk with glass in their feet :smiley:

Its a crappy situation. Many police departments including the one in my town do lots of training on how to avoid such shootings, especially blue on blue ones where an off duty cop has to take action. 99% of the training is telling the cops how to act when they are off duty and have to take such action. You are trained to expect to be treated as if you are the bad guy to fully comply and obey all commands even up to being handcuffed until things get sorted out. The last thing you ever want to do if you can avoid it is still have your gun out and pointed at someone when the on duty cops are arriving because it will be very difficult for them to realize you aren’t the bad guy especially if your in an area where they won’t know or recognize you.

Nonetheless blue on blue or blue on security guard shootings still happen. Its a tragedy for sure and hopefully valuable lessons can be learned on both sides how to prevent this.

I never said they would.

And neither will Snow.

So i’m not sure why you’re even making that comment.

But I admit I shouldn’t be busting Snow’s chops. At least he was honest with his friends - they know what they can expect of him now, and what they can’t.

As for me, like I said, I’d like to think I’d be courageous and go out and try to save a few lives. But I’ll never know until I’m in that situation and I hope I’m never in that situation.