Black armed security guard killed by police while

Guess what, someone points you out as the person who put a gun back in their pocket/holster (especially if concealed), your going to be suspect number x and will be treated as such.

Clear and plain sight is a much better option. Now how do you tell cops you are armed before they arrive?

To be truthful…all he had to do was drop his gun, and move away…this ends differently doesn’t it???

No you won’t be which is why LTC instructors are taught by their instructors (State Troopers) to do exactly that.

As for the latter, there’s this little thing called a “telephone”.

You can also be standing there with your hands in plain sight with your permit and license in hand when they arrive.,

Whether it is safe to clear it and set it on the ground or other place off body depends entirely upon the circumstances.

Facts are rarely welcome in these discussions.

ROBBINS, Illinois – In their first official account of the police shooting that killed an armed black security guard outside a bar in suburban Chicago early Sunday, Illinois State Police say the guard, Jemel Roberson, ignored an officer’s “multiple verbal commands” to drop his gun and get on the ground. The state police account contradicts witnesses who say Roberson, 26, was wearing clothing that identified him as a security guard; police say he was wearing “plain black clothing with no markings.”

I’m right outside of Chicago so i get the straight-up accounts. Not what people want to believe. Its a shame he died…police not to blame.

The biggest problem with the entire story was the lies that spread like wildfire to demonize the police by using the implication that he was shot because he was black.

Yep the news reporting here was that the crowd was yelling at the cop that he was security…all the yelling made it more confusing.

Confusing hell, it’s up to reporters to verify facts before reporting them.

The guy was wearing plain black clothing, no indication he was “security” and those fact would have been easily verifiable by questioning the police at the scene or press conferences thereafter.

Reporters have an obligation to get the facts and verify them through at least two independence sources prior to printing/air.

They were stoking the fires of racial animosity for ratings and sales rather than reporting.

Confusing…FOR THE COP!

Who would you call and what would you tell them?

What I’m finding a bit hard to believe… all these people standing around watching this fight and no one had thier cell phone out.

That would prove or disprove all the speculation one way or the other.

And I actually do find it hard to believe it wasn’t recorded someplace.

Gotcha. Agreed.

How may I help you?

Ma’am I was present at the shooting at XZY address on ABC avenue. I am a licensed carrier and drew my weapon but did not fire. I have reholstered it.

My name is Joe Bob O’Reilly, license number 123456789, I am a white male, 45 years old wearing cargo jeans and a tan button down long sleeve shirt, and a a camo hat with an NRA RSO patch.

I was a witness to the shooting but not a participant so please let officers know the suspect is down and the person who shot him is also present and has cleared his weapon and reholstered it,

That eliminates any confusion when police arrive.

1. How on earth does teh 911 operator know you aren’t a killer luring the cops in to shoot?

2. How on earth would you expect the cops traveling to a shooting to be able to accurately process that information? “Remember, the guy with cargo pants said he was a good guy with a gun.” “Partner, there are three people here with cargo pants…”

3. How on earth would you expect that information to be trusted and routed to the responding cops in time?

1. :roll_eyes:
  2. :roll_eyes:
  3. :roll_eyes:

They have to process all sorts of information on the way to any scene where a crime has been reported.

You can’t even get a permit in this state without an extensive FBI background check which is why the cops call an LTC a “good guy card”.

The more information they have before arriving on scene the less likely they are to act inappropriately. Chaos produces fear, information reduces chaos.

Seems some folks are stuck in the 70’s even though they weren’t even around then.

I’ve been put directly on the line with numerous cops over the years that were responding to a call or had the dispatcher give the responding officers my cell number and instructions to call me so I could communicate more details as to the call.

yeah, i remember the fourth time I took a shooter out the cops started to question how I “happened” to be around so often so the last couple of times I was there I just decided it was best to continue on my way.

Who said anything about multiple shootings other than yourself?

Should we make them aware of the invention of the cell phone or keep it a secret?