Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

No reason for apologizing. I’m sure it is difficult to curb your emotions when trying to discuss something in a civil fashion on a political discussion forum.

My point has been made.

You really think your first post in the thread was civil behavior?

You blamed the victim before the blot clotted. I’m not offended because the internet has broken me but let’s not pretend you’re not proudly raising an anti-social flag here.

1 Like

Yeah right. What is uncivil about openly stating you dont believe someone? If I was BLAMING the victim, I would have stated that his behavior caused the event. I did no such thing.

Hey, some politicians think criminals pop into other states to commit crimes…

"Mr LePage was asked about a statement he made in January, in which he blamed the state’s heroin problem on “guys by the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty” who “come from Connecticut and New York”.

“They come up here, they sell their heroin, then they go back home. Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young, white girl before they leave,” he said."

So as of right now someone has been beat up, which happens every day. But for some reason we need to light our torches and go after who exactly? This is one persons account of a story, and like clockwork the self loathing liberals are decrying white people are to blame. They wore masks? How does one come to the automatic conclusion it was a white Trump supporter from one person’s testimony and the people were wearing masks?

And let’s say it was a Trump supporter and? We’re not all cut from the same cloth. I didn’t blame all Brits when one crazy one was planning on killing the president, obviously they are whacko’s out there from all political spectrums.

3 Likes

Build the wall

Who has blamed all white people for this?

no one in this thread is blaming all white people for this.

Clearly we can’t talk about white supremacist attacking someone… after all don’t want to be hurt random white people feelings.

1 Like

“light our torches”?

Or who blamed all Trump supporters for this?

This seems like willful ignorance on the level of racism being over because “we” elected the first black president. It’s entirely possible there is more to this story, if you want more facts that’s fine. But you should probably hold back on creating the alternative story in the meantime.

1 Like

Whooooops

Chicago police have also released a statement contradicting claims that Smollett identified his attackers’ race and heard them shout “MAGA.”

“We have no record of The MAGA Country comment,” said the police in a statement. “We have racial and homophobic comments documented.”

Until we know more, it would be wise to avoid making any sweeping generalizations about who to blame for this. The best course of action right now is to wish Smollett a speedy recovery and wait for better information.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/29/chicago-police-deny-claim-that-jussie-sm/amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR04VTZxzVE68caMh62lwNu3KRHwkxXQQqXLOkIWTSS12_rdN1_JEE6jEhY

Could it be the media was suckered again?

The MAGA comment came when he was talking with a friend who then told the press, he never told the police that.

1 Like

The original report sounds like an unverified source / hearsay to me.

Given the propensity of the media to jump on anything that makes Trump or his supporters look bad, there are good reasons to take the original MAGA story with a great deal of salt.

Tell friends one thing . .
Tell the cops another in the official report . .

what to believe, what to believe. I think I believe the version where if he lied, he can be charged :smiley:

Will we know more later? Probably. Does it seem like people are jumping at the chance to call him a liar? Yep.

1 Like

I don’t really believe stories when they come out, seems like more info always comes out eventually.

Just seem’s odd that when officers are talking to him for the report – no mention.
Talking to his friends he mentions it.