Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

Is there anybody leftists won’t go after? Our Founding Fathers, Abe Lincoln, Mother Theresa and now John Wayne!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

She was also lying about a 17% increase in hate crimes! There has been an increase in “reported” alleged hate crimes. That’s a BIG difference and its also an example of fake news and lying politicians!

Just stating the rules. Rules are supposed to be taken seriously.

Exactly. Why some people here are not able to understand that distinction would be puzzling if it wasn’t so common.

That was certainly your prerogative. But the point stands, it is (or at least was) a violation of the rules to demand that another member stop posting.

1 Like

Since I oppose all hate crime laws, because what crimes are love crimes /trope, I’m not much concerned about either sort.

People’s motives were already considered for determining the sort of crime they’d be charged with. That was enough.

1 Like

I never said that “every SINGLE SOLITARY NEWS REPORT from real media was not factually accurate” so my statement was not wrong. So your demand that I produce such evidence is undeniably silly.

Excellent idea. Let’s start with the numerous unprovoked assaults on wearers of MAGA hats.

1 Like

That’s like going after apple pie, baseball and moms. :wink:

You are assuming, you are of course free to do so but it is still an assumption.

Yes, I am assuming because that is what we were told by the Moderators when the original Forum closed and this one opened.

Never said any such thing but thank you for playing.

I don’t think people would have cared much for the case if it wasn’t for the way media and certain celebrities portrayed it. It was obvious they wanted it to be true from the start to push a narrative. I could link a bunch of clips but you have CNN saying “This is America 2019”. And an actress lambasting the VP over it on the Colbert show, this needs to stop.

2 Likes

Do you support prosecution of hate crime as a hate crime in the most egregious of cases?

Oh my gosh. I logged back in JUST to see if there were such a thread as this. I am NOT disappointed. It’s always highly entertaining to watch libs act so freaking idiotic. This thread, especially the first hundred posts or so should be archived as one of the greats, along with Wavy Lays. Carry on.

2 Likes

You mean the one or two of those as opposed to hate crimes in general of which there were over 7,000 in 2017, a rise of 17 percent about 2016?

I can’t answer for WR (though I’m sure I know what he would say.)

For me, no special add-on should exist for “hate crime”.

A crime is a crime. Assault is assault. Murder is murder. Etc.

Ditto add-ons for a crime against any particular occupation. (Road repair guy. Clergy. Doctor. Cop. Whatever.) Murder is murder. Vehicular homicide is vehicular homicide. Etc.

And I also decry the parade of crying family members and acquaintances of the victim at the sentencing hearing. All it does is add emotion to the exercise of the justice system. The sentence should be the sentence for the crime, not a drain for tears.

Yeah, Wavy Lay’s was one of the infamous moments in this board’s history. Along with the New Orleans meetup where someone became a mod by using another’s laptop.

2 Likes

Actually, your link addresses hate crimes REPORTED. Not actual hate crimes.

Smollet’s hoax will be included in the 2019 statistics for crimes REPORTED.

And the increase in hate crimes reported (and actually perpetrated) include crimes against all demographics, so the “one or two” you try to dismiss are also part of those reported. (And it’s not just one or two. And I think you know that.)

No. False crimes, like false alarms, wouldn’t be crimes in the final stats. Therefore Smullett wouldn’t be included.