Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

There is a Sherlock Holmes story about a man who fakes his “murder” and then lays around clues in an attempt to frame the son of a woman who had rejected him in the past. The problem is, he sets down one too many false clues which leads Holmes to conclude it was all a hoax, and Holmes says, in what has to be one of the best observations in the Canon, that “…he had not that supreme gift of the artist, the knowledge of when to stop.”

There were just too many details in the story that, instead of confirming it, began its unraveling. The rope, for example, was the one piece of material evidence that was traceable, and was traced to the point of purchase.

It might be interesting for people who bought into the original story to read the book “Outrage” about the Tawana Brawley hoax. For those unfamiliar, Brawley, a teenager claimed that she had been assaulted by several white men, racial epithets were smeared on her with dog excrement and she was left, barely conscious, in a trash bag. Immediately, the media jumped on the story, celebrities chimed in and donated money to her, and it became the jumping off point for every talk show to host her, talk about race in America, and allow a minor player to elevate himself into a national celebrity; i.e., Al Sharpton. Problem is - it was all a hoax.

It’s a scripted display of Trump Derarangement Syndrome staring an actor member of the alt-left that turned out to be racist and hetro-phobic.

1 Like

Is Empire still standing behind this guy??

Juicy has some 'splaning to do.

Amazing that your take-away from his post triggered yours.

Just SMH.

Hmm? triggered? Do you think hate crime is a thought crime? Should we be punishing people moer for what they think?

Betting if he is charged they suddenly decide they really do need to write him out of the series.

They can do a Nigerian Scam episode from a jail cell.

From day one the story sounded weird then yesterday when Smollett hired a defense lawyer everyone just knew there was more to the story.

I agree with that other posters have said that no doubt he will claim something along the lines of bipolar or another mental disorder and check himself in for treatment at some resort that has an onsite counsellor so they can say he is in intensive IP therapy.

You weren’t wrong to give him benefit of the doubt. He’s just an ■■■■■■■■

And now facts are emerging he paid the brothers $3500 to carry out the “attack” and rehearsed it first :smile:

Considering the man hours the police put into this I bet they are pissed. As should the local community be.

Could face up to three years

Well I guess we got that lynching bill passed by Booker and Harris that was much needed considering how many Lynch mobs have been running around lately.

Booker said that “lynching is not a relic of the past,” pointing to the attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett in Chicago.

His post clearly excluded thought crime. ("Hate Crimes” charges should be reserved for the most egregious acts of hate…) ACTS. Not thoughts.

Yup. That’s why I said “triggered”.

Hate is a thought. Should thoughts be prosecuted? Is the most egregious crime any worse if it is caused by hate?

Triggered… I am not sure you are understanding my point.

There are some individuals who want thought and ideology to be labeled offenses & prosecuted.

Righties, you should be more bothered by these hoaxes:
-DT birther hoax
-Death panel hoax
-The Trump University hoax
-Nat’l emergency hoax
-Mexico will pay for wall hoax a WMD hoax that killed 1million Iraqis & 5k+ US troops

Definitely that is the idea against hate crimes. So far, I know of no hate crimes that don’t involve an illegal action in the first place…even if that action is as small as writing harrassing statements on walls. The argument for them, of course, is that guilty intent changes the degree of many crimes…such as manslaugher vs murder.

Trump/Putin conspiracy hoax…biggest and longest running political hoax the country has ever known.

Nah. Obama birth certificate has y’all beat.