Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

Here you go. Up to one year, up to ten years.

Glad I could help.

This is key. We’ve expanded the definition of so many things. It dilutes the meaning of what the original issue or word used to be.

Smollett has now hired a prominent criminal defense lawyer. Pretty obvious why.

I’m guessing the two Nigerians admitted the whole thing was a hoax and are going to be used to testify against Smollett who masterminded the whole thing. Smollett knows they flipped and knows he is going to be charged soon.

Regardless of his time served I hope he has to reimburse the Chicago PD for all the investigative hours wasted on this. I’ve read they’ve had 8 detectives working the case. Hundreds of hours wasted at wages probably in the $25-40 an hour range. Should be at six figures restitution IMO.

Well he certainly showed himself to be one

Here’s a recent update.

This reminds me of the high ranking police officer in Chicago or one of the surrounding communities who on radio reported a suspect pursuing a chase when in fact it was a cover for suicide by gunshot. He was facing arrest for theft of an organization’s funds. Anyone remember him?

I think he’s realized how screwed he is. Especially if the latest news is accurate:

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

From the link in the post above mine.

Telling that the two were interviewed. Then arrested . . . . now they are cooperating and have been released.

I think mr actor can kiss his career goodbye

Smollett will now do one of two things:

1. Claim he has long suffered from a mental illness like bi-polar or say he has borderline personality disorder and that sometimes it makes him do stupid things but he’s really sorry and now he wants to get treatment and heal.

2. Double down on the race / gay card and say that the Chicago PD is framing him.

Either way he’ll paint himself as a victim again.

Specially suppose hate crime involved.

Can’t allow that in there city…bad image.

Smollet’s take on the attack: "It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black, I feel like the doubters would’ve supported me a lot more, and that says a lot about the place that we are in our country right now,” he said.

The official police’s take on the attack:

“We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation,” the Chicago Police Department said in a statement. “We’ve reached out to the Empire cast member’s attorney to request a follow-up interview.”

He will have to go with no 1. after that tv interview.

He needs to go to jail. Making this stuff up takes away from the real victims of hate crimes.

Its hilarious to go the facebook site for Huff & Puff and read the article where Huff & Puff has yet to admit he made it all up and instead is just saying “the investigation is shifted.” Then read through the facebook comments. Most are bashing Huff & Puff and those who pushed this obviously fake story. But there a few commenters who so desperately want this attack to be true and are pushing insane conspiracy theories about the police fabricating the Nigerians. Just like some in this thread so much NEEDED this story to be true that they weren’t willing to look at it critically and spot the obvious lies.

Wow, this is when you know some people takes politics to seriously. So are the police thinking he let his friends beat him up to make up this story?

People are too quick to believe stories that seem to vindicate their own perceptions.

1 Like

Christine Blasey Ford has some serious competition. Glad Jussie did not find an innocent target to frame. Some poor unsuspecting guy could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The first federal hate crimes bill wasn’t introduced until 1997.

Not just CPD. Remmeber within 24 hours they had local, county, state, and federal LEO’s pouring over this case along with prosecutors from each as well.

All totaled they are probably a over 10,000 MH’s by now all agencies combined.

What a shame to pull all those resorces into a wild goose chase in a town riddled with crime.
But you know if they hadn’ t what the narrative would be. I bet a big chunk of those involved knew it was hogwash within the first hour but had to play a role in Jussie’s sham production, or risk being label a homophobic racist and loose their job.

1 Like

You are ok with thought crime? Really? Holy crap.