Black actor beaten and almost lynched by mask wearing thugs

Nothing raises their profiles like being one of the aggrieved classes of victim.

“Space goat”?

:stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

White Nationalist, Maga Hat Wearing Trump supporters from Nigeria.

2 Likes

In all seriousness There should be an especially stiff penalty for hoaxing any kind of a hate crime with a minimum 10-20 years in prison for a start.

2 Likes

I think we have seen the last of him in this thread. I hope you were not expecting an apology.

1 Like

I’ve always been under the impression CJ is female.

Look at these two white MAGA rednecks

LOL

5 Likes

So the punishment for staging a hate crime should be worse than actually committing a hate crime?

What hate crimes have less than a 10yr prison sentence as penalty?

The intent here is to sow racial division and hate, along with whatever anti gay bias can be engendered along the way. This not only is a crime committed against a class of people rather than just an individual the end result can easily be numerous people killed and injured in retaliation against the original faked crime.

Damn right the consequences should be very high.

1 Like

Depends but false reporting should be punished extremely harshly.

False reports are very commonplace. You just don’t hear about them in the media except when its an actor making it or someone gets arrested and later exonerated due to the false report. Ask any cop on any dept in the U.S. what percentage of rape reports are completely false and if they are free to speak honestly they’ll give you a number between 30-50%. There are a lot of people out there who crave the attention that being a victim brings (look at the hero worship Smollett go over this) and for women making a fake rape claim, especially if you fought off your imaginary attacker, makes you Sarah Terminator killer Connor in the eyes of many. Someone will undoubtedly try and throw the 2-3% figure that gets touted by rape groups at me but that is the percentage of those who are convicted and later exonerated and means nothing to the far vaster number where no one is ever arrested.

Cops aren’t usually allowed to charge these false reports because “it might make victims scared to come forward.” Whereas I believe that if we started charging then maybe cops wouldn’t be so cynical over so many of the reports given how many are made up.

Pretty sure there isn’t a 10 to 20 year minimum prison sentence for committing any hate crime.

Do you honestly think Jussie Smollett’s attackers would have gotten that long of a sentence had they been real?

Instead of deflecting how about answering the question?

What hate crimes have less than a 10yr sentence?

List them and provide links.

Yes. If everything had actually happened the way he claimed it happened and it was premeditated as he also staged with the likely fake letters threatening him then yeah these guys would have gone away for a decade or two.

A normal fight like the one I linked 20-30 posts up where two gay guys got beat up, thats only going to get a few months in jail at most but a hypothetical one as bad as the one Smollett imagined would bring massive charges and penalties.

Personally I would be fine with this guy going to jail for several months and would consider that to be a harsh sentence.

10 to 20 years in prison is absolutely ridiculous and violates the 8th Amendment in my opinion.

1 Like

Expect more unexpected twists as this story unfolds.

2 Likes

Obviously murders are going to bring about longer sentences, but this guy didn’t even end up in the hospital for long. Can you give me an example of someone going to jail for a minor assault like this?

Could be. I don’t know, and don’t care. I judge the character of my fellow members by the content of their posts, not the composition of their chromosomes.

1 Like

A minor assault is one like the four guys who beat up the two gay guys in Texas - I linked the article earlier.

As described, nothing about Smollett’s fiction was minor:

1. It was premeditated. Smollett claimed to have gotten threatening letters and the attackers clearly knew who he was indicating they were looking for him.

2. They used to potential deadly weapons - bleach and the noose. Either ups the crime to felony status whereas most fights are just misdemeanor.

3. The words they used and allegedly being white supremacists ups it to a hate crime which automatically adds a much stiffer sentence.

If this had been real and it actually was racist white guys doing and saying exactly what was claimed they’ll be lucky to be free by 2030.

Okay, but can you at least agree that 10-20 years is excessive for staging a hate crime?