Bill Maher and Liberalism

Looks like even Bill Maher has had enough of, among other issues, the COVID-19 panic. Google or Bing him for his other thoughts about young white liberals in particular. He’s a wise man on the subject of white guilt.

I’d post more, but there are a lot of filter bypasses in links with him. The above is probably the most tame, and it contains a warning.

Here’s some paraphrasing from another article: “Hollywood caters to the 18-34 year age group because they’re the most gullible…the problem isn’t I’m old and out of touch. Your ideas really are stupid…Some of you want to try Communism. It’s already been tried. It didn’t work.”

Sometimes he’s full of beans, for example, when he characterized mid-western states as backwards compared to New York. Um, dude, some of the hot housing markets are now in states like Ohio.

Lately, though, he’s had some gems to offer, as in crediting Florida’s Governor Ron deSantis for doing his research & protecting Florida’s elderly population in particular. Check him out.

It sounds like the left has blown by him and even though he’s left of center, he’s now closer to the middle right, than far left?

Looks like Maher is on a roll:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/problem-your-ideas-are-stupid-bill-maher-blasts-most-gullible-millennials

When will he get cancelled?

Bill Maher… the man who stated that he isn’t into Western Medicine, that flu shots compromise your immune system and promoted the quack cancer cure Laetrile on his political show doesn’t want politics in medicine.

Okay then.

I will continue to ignore his idiocy.

1 Like

Having seen Maher several times live, and never miss his show, I am a fan.

There are times he irritates me, but I find myself agreeing with him more than not.

In this specific case, he has some points, regarding liberals not knowing the facts.
Of course he did say conservative are far worse…but he acknowledges that liberals have their issues as well. I agree with that…we do.

He many times is not as informed as I would like, especially when he does interviews with some. Then again, he has no problem calling people out when pertinent.

He reminds me of an older Uncle, who us usually gets it right…but every once in a while has me thinking, what the ■■■■ are you talking about?

Also, his stand up act live is very good…he does not do 100% politics, and those bits can be hilarious.

2 Likes

I watch Maher’s show regularly even though it can be a bit obnoxious at times. A bad panel, the millionth pot pun. Speaking of high, hahhahhahahahhaha, wait until later tonight! Cuomo writing that book about his handling of COVID took a lot of nerve and thinking people would look the other way, and they mostly did. But the only time Maher gets mentioned here, the only time he’s a wise man, is when he’s criticizing the left.

I’ve seen his stand-up act twice. It’s really good . . . and much more vulgar.

Maher is the absolute best and the only political show I watch anymore. Have DVRed and watched every episode since 2007

I don’t like political shows where I always agree with everything they say. Which is why I avoid msnbc political shows.

Bill Maher is left of center but I don’t always agree with everything he says. He has good panelists on quite often and they aren’t all liberals.

As for this particular OP, I think he is being super hyperbolic.