BILL BACKTRACKS: Clinton Claims He ‘Apologized’ to Lewinsky 20 Years Ago

Originally published at: BILL BACKTRACKS: Clinton Claims He ‘Apologized’ to Lewinsky 20 Years Ago | Sean Hannity

Former President Bill Clinton back-tracked from his controversial comments regarding the ‘Me Too’ movement Monday night, claiming he personally apologized to Monica Lewinsky 20 years ago over the secret scandal that nearly took-down his presidency.

Clinton clarified his comments regarding the ‘Me Too’ movement in New York City just hours after he fumbled through a highly-contentious interview with NBC News; saying he never apologized to Monica Lewinsky personally because he said he was sorry to “everyone.”

“The truth is I got hot under the collar because the way the questions were asked,” said Clinton.

“The suggestion was that I never apologized for what caused all the trouble for me 20 years ago. The first point is: I did. I meant it then and I mean it now. I apologized to my family, to Monica Lewinsky and her family, and to the American people before a panel of ministers in the White House,” added the former President.

Watch Clinton’s comments above.