Big Brother is alive and well?

Yes. You did agree to that. Read the terms that you agreed to when you activate you phone an/or it’s operating system.

You agreed to it, and there are ways to turn that tracking off. It has nothing to do with Democrats in government and everything to do with corporations looking to make money and seek information to advertisers.

And you know and believe this why?

…only if you like cookies? :sunglasses:

Because I read and understood the agreement. We already know the government also listening to us, they told us they are but what you’re talking about in the OP is something different

I love cookies, unless they’re used to spy on me…

1 Like

Sounds like you have a problem with making lame assumptions. Your lame assumptions are like everyone else’s. Only worse.

In order for my phone to do that, something has to be allowing it to listen. How big a step, if someone isn’t already, is it to have people monitoring what goes on in your house without your knowledge or consent? Or for some agency to be collecting info on you just by “key words” you randomly speak throughout your day in your own home?

You really should read your service provider contract. That’s not all you agreed to

2 Likes

Do you have an Alexa or a Google Home device?

2 Likes

https://www.consumerreports.org/smartphones/is-your-smartphone-secretly-listening-to-you/

No your phone is not listening, at least not all the time. Unless your speaking to Alexa, Siri, Google with hey google, or gave an app permission to listen in at a specific time.

Some apps are recording snapshots of your screen while you are using them though.

Using an automated test program, they analyzed more than 17,000 popular apps on the Android operating system and did not find a single instance where an app activated a phone’s microphone and leaked audio data.

1 Like

No. And I never will. Not that they are necessary for my home to be bugged apparently.

Yes this has been happening to everyone with a smartphone for ten years.

Turn microphone access off to all your apps. Opt out of personalized ads. Problem solved.

Unless those are just placebo switches and dont really do anything…

If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about has been the patriots motto since 2001…

You are a patriot, arent you?

Be careful how you answer… they are listening…

Turn off your google assistant or Siri whichever. I don’t use those things…I type things into my Google when I want to search…my wife and kids do not. They are always crying about the adds that show up in their facebook adds and etc. It has not been an issue for me…I just don’t keep my assistant on.

Thanks!

I’m absolutely a Patriot! I’m absolutely against being spied on or anyone collecting information without a warrant.

No Problem. I hope it helps.

Your phone is listening because it has an AI assistant.

You knew that (or should have) when you bought the device.

You can’t call it the Thought Police. You WILLINGLY bought the device. No one is forcing you to have one.

This issue is much much larger than ads and as a society we are way behind in controlling it.

Make no mistake, the only robust way to protect your privacy is to control the amount of personal data that is permitted to be recorded. The privacy promises of the recording entity is weak as data protection is near impossible and sales of entities alters the scope of privacy promises.

We will not be able to protect our privacy unless we demand it. So far my observation is that we are delighted to let it slip away.