BIG APPLE BOUND: Trump Says ‘NYC is Devastated, De Blasio’s Coming Home’

Originally published at: BIG APPLE BOUND: Trump Says ‘NYC is Devastated, De Blasio’s Coming Home’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump weighed-in Friday on Bill de Blasio’s exit from the 2020 race for the White House; saying New York City is “devastated” their mayor is returning after months on the campaign trail.

“Oh no, really big political news, perhaps the biggest story in years! Part time Mayor of New York City, @BilldeBlasio, who was polling at a solid ZERO but had tremendous room for growth, has shocking dropped out of the Presidential race. NYC is devastated, he’s coming home!,” Trump posted on social media.

Oh no, really big political news, perhaps the biggest story in years! Part time Mayor of New York City, @BilldeBlasio, who was polling at a solid ZERO but had tremendous room for growth, has shocking dropped out of the Presidential race. NYC is devastated, he’s coming home!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 20, 2019

De Blasio officially ended his race for the White House Friday morning; exiting the primary process while vowing to make the Big Apple a “vanguard of progressivism.”

“This campaign has been a profound experience for me. I saw America in full — not as it appears on Twitter and cable news, where we’re constantly shown a country hamstrung by our differences and unable to tackle the problems we face. We have more in common than we realize — and more and more of us across the country are overcoming our divisions and standing up for working people,” de Blasio writes in an op-ed for NBC News.

“That’s why fighting for working people and ensuring that New York City remains the vanguard of progressivism will continue to be my missions,” he adds. “I’m going to redouble my efforts to improve the quality of life of everyday New Yorkers, proving that policies like guaranteed paid personal time off can work on a grand scale. I’m going to continue implementing universal health care and a Green New Deal in the nation’s largest city. And I promise I’ll fight for New Yorkers and workers everywhere to ensure there’s an actual plan to protect their livelihoods from being automated out of existence.”

Breaking: Bill de Blasio announces he is ending his presidential campaign pic.twitter.com/vL8GcX3xV5

— Morning Joe (@Morning_Joe) September 20, 2019

“The picture frames that will show this moment in history are still empty now. Soon enough, they’ll depict a new generation of Americans who fought for change. I’m ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with the activists I met on the campaign trail who will fill those frames, who will transform this country into a place which finally delivers the rights and privileges that working people deserve. I hope you’ll stand with us, too,” he concludes.

Read De Blasio’s full op-ed here.